Non political figure found guilty of crimes

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
2 spectators hit; 1 dead, 1 critically wounded.

Edit - also yes, allowing to stand up was either A) a failure of SS, or B) because the shooter was killed. In the video you can sort of hear SS say "shooter down".
Even if they had a shooter down, absolutely zero people with a working brain cell would allow him to stand up again.

Edit: just to clarify, not insinuating you thought they should or anything.

This is an L for the left, not because Trump didn't get assassinated, but this just muds up the water and accomplished exactly the opposite of what the intention was. Now he gets to be a living martyr.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Even if they had a shooter down, absolutely zero people with a working brain cell would allow him to stand up again.
If you watch the video you can hear everything the Secret Service agents are saying because the mic was still hot. They were communicating over radio and were told the shooter was down, then they confirmed it and asked for permission to stand him up and move. Keeping someone covered is obviously a priority in this type of situation but so is moving them off site as quickly as possible.

In any case, the biggest mistake was already made because they allowed someone to put a rifle on an elevated position over the rally.

It's pretty crazy to think about the difference even an inch could have just made in terms of history.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
If you watch the video you can hear everything the Secret Service agents are saying because the mic was still hot. They were communicating over radio and were told the shooter was down, then they confirmed it and asked for permission to stand him up and move. Keeping someone covered is obviously a priority in this type of situation but so is moving them off site as quickly as possible.

In any case, the biggest mistake was already made because they allowed someone to put a rifle on an elevated position over the rally.

It's pretty crazy to think about the difference even an inch could have just made in terms of history.
...so letting the man stand up for his hero shot is moving him off site as quickly as possible?

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
...so letting the man stand up for his hero shot is moving him off site as quickly as possible?
You can also hear him tell them to wait so he can do it lol. That they shouldn't have allowed, definitely. They should have dragged him by force if necessary.

tedtan

Reaction score
Try not insulting over half the country because your feelings are hurt.
Neither Trump nor Biden have 50% approval, let alone over 50% of people attending their events.

If we’re talking about over half the country, it’s safe to say that they’d rather have someone other than either Biden or Trump.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Neither Trump nor Biden have 50% approval, let alone over 50% of people attending their events.

If we’re talking about over half the country, it’s safe to say that they’d rather have someone other than either Biden or Trump.
I haven't had faith in the political system since the 2008 financial crisis lol.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If Tang had any humility and didn't pump his fist in a 'merica type fashion it would seem more plausible. I don't know. It just seems like it could be staged because of course it's going to work up his supporters into a frenzy.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I just watched an interview with an ER doc who attempted to stabilize one of the victims at the rally. He said there was visible brain matter and he had to do CPR before the victim was medevac'd. I doubt that the victim survives the night given those details.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeap, the US is fucked. I keep seeing scary things I've seen in other countries get worse and worse. Populism so rabid it turns one person into a religious figure is one of the scariest thing I can imagine. They just gave this clown and his followers ammunition for years to come. At least they didn't actually kill the guy. I'm glad I don't live in the US and it makes me want to get even farther away from it.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
1720953268287.jpeg

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
early reports are saying the shooter was a registered republican (if the reports are accurate)

we'll know more soon i'm sure.

"The shooter made one singular $15 donation to the liberal ActBlue political action committee on January 20, 2021 — Biden’s Inauguration Day, the Intercept reported.

At the time of the donation, Crooks was 17-years-old. He registered to vote upon turning 18 in September of that same year as a member of the GOP, records show.

Why Crooks fired on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee is unclear."

I don't know if anything can be gleaned from that or it is just a red herring whipped up by the news, but occam's razor suggests it's just another mentally ill boy who got his hands on a gun when what he needed was serious cognitive behavioral therapy intervention regardless of political affiliation. Turned himself into a pile of dead flesh, and killed 1 or 2 innocent people in the process. Just like all the mass shooters in America, I'm willing to bet this kid was a total loser and I say this impartially. I hope they find some kind of manifesto in the kids house or on his computer to explain what the deal is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.