Non political figure found guilty of crimes

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Starting with the gas - that's now how this works lol drill in America, low cost of gas. Biden pulled drilling permits immediately upon getting in office. Gas prices increased heavily. Open up the drilling, gas prices will come back down. Instead, Biden has depleted our strategic petroleum reserves to artificially lower the cost. Also, if you can recall, as a Canadian, Obama had high gas prices too, because the Democrats stance on drilling is idiotic at best. Also, Ukraine and Israel has nothing to do with Obama's hard work. We can, however, speculate that these things didn't and wouldn't have happened under Trump. Especially since Iran funds Hamas, and Iran had a large sum of money unfrozen by the Biden admin. Pretty easy dots to connect.
I don't think the drilling permits were the problem.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...gas-supermajors-recorded-big-profits-in-2023/

I also think the war in Ukraine would've still happened under Trump but it woulda been much shorter with 0 US funding going to NATO.

Also, my bad, got my timeliness mixed up and forgot Biden didn't start until 2021, so Trump did have the beginnings of Covid.

Also also, do you mind sharing the receipts for the thoroughly debunked Mexican children in cages and camps?
Or how Biden is a criminal himself?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I don't know if you know many Christians, but it's a pretty common thing to say God protected you when something crazy happens.
That's exactly my point. A former president of all people should know the implications of saying something like that. He's known for doing this kind of thing, like that time he cleared out a street so that he could pose with a bible upside down. But also no, I don't know many Christians, but the ones I do know are not world leaders claiming to have a close connection to a higher power to court the religious vote.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

Easy find, three second google search.
Great, good to know that's what you're referring to specifically.

Biden tried to forgive $430B of student debt all at once, which was struck down by the Supreme Court. He did not cancel that debt all at once. He has instead been using other means the Court hasn't struck down to cancel less student debt in a rolling process.

So there we have it, debunked. Biden wanted to do something in an expanded manner and the SC said no. Roberts said he didn't have the authority to do what he wanted to do, not that it shouldn't be done. Biden said it should still be done by some other means. He hasn't done the thing the SC said he couldn't do and has been doing the thing he promised to do in a different manner which he does have the authority to do.

You're pretty simply being misled here, or being misleading yourself. Anything else?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The kids in cages thing, again? Really? This was thoroughly debunked. But I'll also add this, if you cross the border illegally, it's not going to be good. Do it legally or stay on the other side.
First off, people aren't illegal.

Second, if there are ridiculous ahistorical limits on immigration, how are you supposed to do it legally? America is a country founded on mass immigration, and eradicating the locals so I don't think it is a good argument to say immigration should be so heavily restricted. Also, a lot of migrants coming to america are refugees. Denying refugees entrance or locking them up is illegal in and of itself.

Please, I'm begging you to have the empathy Jesus was always talking about.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Pretty simple response to this really.

Starting with the gas - that's now how this works lol drill in America, low cost of gas. Biden pulled drilling permits immediately upon getting in office. Gas prices increased heavily. Open up the drilling, gas prices will come back down. Instead, Biden has depleted our strategic petroleum reserves to artificially lower the cost. Also, if you can recall, as a Canadian, Obama had high gas prices too, because the Democrats stance on drilling is idiotic at best. Also, Ukraine and Israel has nothing to do with Obama's hard work. We can, however, speculate that these things didn't and wouldn't have happened under Trump. Especially since Iran funds Hamas, and Iran had a large sum of money unfrozen by the Biden admin. Pretty easy dots to connect.

The kids in cages thing, again? Really? This was thoroughly debunked. But I'll also add this, if you cross the border illegally, it's not going to be good. Do it legally or stay on the other side.

Biden does raise my taxes. He makes gas prices go up by pulling drilling permits, gas prices mean higher shipping costs, which means higher grocery costs. Higher costs gets passed on to customers. His solution to inflation is to print more money, and give money away to people, both things create higher inflation. Interest rates also raised solely due to Biden. You can blame Covid for the first year or two of Biden's term, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but the last two years? Where it's gotten worse? In Biden's own words, "C'mon, man".

@StevenC my mistake, Northern Ireland. Good catch. But appointing partisan judges? Every president has appointed partisan judges. Look at Sotomayor! It's hard to find a further left leaning Justice than she. Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson is in the same boat. Also, Trump threw on ACB, who has repeatedly voted with the left leaning justices. But that's one of Trumps many mistakes.

Plus, Biden ignored the Supreme Court's ruling and was proud to do it. Is that not undermining a branch of government? Does he get a pass because he's a Dem?

Also, I was working in government at the time Biden took office. Things IMMEDIATELY changed for the worse. There was no ripple. It was early February 2021 when it went to hell in a handbasket. It effected my every day life like none other.
This is such a simplistic view of the world with mismatched cause and effects from a diet of biased sources, I barely know where to start. I guess I’ll address the one fact that’s close to what I do, the amount of “drilling permits.” Drilling permits is a red herring, it’s like aligning car miles driven to number of driving permits issued. The fact is the US is producing more hydrocarbons than ever before (interestingly US production turned around from a 2 decade decline around 2010 - a win from technology and demand on the growth of the Permian). We get more production at much cheaper costs by maintaining and remediating existing wells, so a drilling permit is unnecessary. Most drilling permits just sit unused also, so again it’s a number that seems important, but it only matters to people with an axe to grind. And finally federal drilling permits only matter for federal properties, you know that tiny sliver in the graph. Permian and other states is managed by the individual states and done on state or private land. Anytime I hear drilling permits brought up I know that that person is parroting poor sources without thinking, and how many more of their claims come from the same. There’s sometimes a grain of truth behind it, but quickly goes off the rails.

1720970459625.png

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Free refills on popcorn?! Did Biden do that too???
Biden illegally disobeyed SCotUS’ ruling on presidential immunity, where Thomas felt compelled to add a concurrence saying “per a revisit of unrelated case Jiffy Pop v. Redenbacher, free popcorn is not covered by official acts.”

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, to think the Founding Father's didn't want to include future technology in the 2nd is ridiculous. If I had the money to buy an F-16 and non-explosive munitions for it, I can. Because the 2nd is awesome. ARs are 100% included in the 2nd, saying the Constitution doesn't protect things invented after the document was written is a far reach. Also, fun fact, AR15s aren't assault rifles. Might want to learn the difference, friend.
This has got to be the stupidest take I see all year.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
God damn, it's times like this I wish I was still active in Metalguitarist to see what the reaction to the shooters name being Thomas MATTHEW CROOKS is.

I bet Division is having a field day with it

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
God damn, it's times like this I wish I was still active in Metalguitarist to see what the reaction to the shooters name being Thomas MATTHEW CROOKS is.

I bet Division is having a field day with it
There are definitely things being said about names, but I think this joke will sail over most people who arent already there :shrug:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Great, good to know that's what you're referring to specifically.

Biden tried to forgive $430B of student debt all at once, which was struck down by the Supreme Court. He did not cancel that debt all at once. He has instead been using other means the Court hasn't struck down to cancel less student debt in a rolling process.

So there we have it, debunked. Biden wanted to do something in an expanded manner and the SC said no. Roberts said he didn't have the authority to do what he wanted to do, not that it shouldn't be done. Biden said it should still be done by some other means. He hasn't done the thing the SC said he couldn't do and has been doing the thing he promised to do in a different manner which he does have the authority to do.

You're pretty simply being misled here, or being misleading yourself. Anything else?
Actually, now that I think of it @Caleb, since the president can't do anything illegal when doing an official act you shouldn't be criticising Biden for this at all. Hard to argue that legislating isn't an official act if... whatever that was on Jan 6th was an official act.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Im just waiting for everyone to catch up to the military occupation thats been in place for the last 7 years. Laws & Orders above all else y'all

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Y'all are cooked, as folks have been saying. It saddens me that after an event like this, everyone immediately jumps right into the partisan shit, like checking to see what team the shooter was registered on, and a bunch of politicians taking jabs at eachother about whose fault this is, and in the meantime nobody seems to care about the person that died, nor seemingly taking any care that this is a pretty big step towards the civil war people are afraid of happening.
Re-quoting for emphasis because this is by a country mile the best post in the whole thread.

The amount of stuff I've been seeing from people that can't put down the political football for 2 seconds has been somehow even more disappointing than I thought it would be; which is really, really saying something.
Left or right we all lost the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.