Not sure if gonna burn my cabinet?!

edva

Reaction score
Hi!
Just bought my first head, Engl Thunder, and cabinet for it. I want to chance the speakers but I'm not sure do these fit. :wallbash:
So I bought 2x Eminence Red Fang 12" 60W 8 ohm speakers. The cabinet is Harley Benton G212 Vintage. Original model has 2x Celestion Vintage 30W 16 ohm speakers.
The main problem is that will it explode if I replace the old speakers with eminence red fang? And how should I connect the cab with the head?

New Speakers:
Eminence Redcoat Red Fang Guitar Speaker at zZounds
Engl thunder:
HEADS[uid]=27&iPhoneBypass=1

Awesome forum btw! :yesway: :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fitterhappier

More Productive
Reaction score

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
Vintage 30's are great speakers for heavy tones. I wouldn't change them, I have the same in my Mesa Recto 4x12.

If you do go ahead, as long as you fit them the same way as the originals are installed you shouldn't have any problems. Search for a tutorial.

Take your time with it. Some people have mentioned putting silicone sealent (from a hardware store, for waterproofing) around the joints inside the cab, making the cab more air tight. Look that up as well (google or www.startpage.com) and see whether you want to do it whilst you have your cab open.

edva

Reaction score
Hmm, so I connect the cab(2x8ohm speakers) with the "8 ohm parallel" output. If I don't reply in 15min, play Tears in heaven :D

edva

Reaction score
Yeah!!!! :hbang:

Works just fine! Awesome sound with those two Eminence Red Fang speakers. Much richer and warmer sound than before. From now on I'll go for AlNiCo. Though it's expensive, it's totally worth it. Bought minefrom muusikoiden.net, a secondhand marketplace for musicians in Finland. I paid 210e (~300 dollars) for these two, so it wasn't that expensive after all. Engl head cost 500e and Harley Benton cabinet 150e and I can still sell the leftover Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
Thanks for the help dudes! :bowdown:
:shred:

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
I'm pleased to hear that it went well and that you like the sound. Nice work!

*puts "Tears in heaven" on hold... for now!*

^ :shrug:

Latest posts