"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
This is our shortest tree ever at 8'1". But it's a real looker.

IMG-8861.jpg

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Deep red and silver/ chrome plus whatever clear, white for ornaments and lights.. really beautiful accents to contrast the greenery... especially with live trees. Beautiful, jax. Really nice setting too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Ordered some stuff from Pullama, no idea if I'm going to get it last year or in the next 2022 after clock resets.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had only one good Philly cheesesteak in my life. It was coincidentally the FIRST one I ever ate, it was in a truck stop when I was maybe 13 years old and it was life changing good.

Every Philly since has not just been disappointing, they've actually been terrible. Borderline inedible. My least favorite thing to eat and I've had DOZENS just hoping to recapture the magic of that first one.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've actually concluded the first Philly was NOT a traditional style sandwich, which is a big part of the reason it's been hard to recreate.

I've had enough of the common version of the Philly Cheesesteak to tell how they're "supposed" to be made (which is counter to what I'd like in a steak sandwich).

Typical Philly:
- Super thin sliced steak (tasteless)
- Provolone cheese (bland)
- Onions (red? okay but clash with texture of the sandwich, sometimes mismatching temp
- Peppers (messy, taste clashes)
- Toasted hoagie roll (dry and bland, crunches apart awkward when you bite into it causing an instant mess)

GOAT Philly:
- Thicker sliced steak (tasted like steak!)
- Gooey yellow cheese (cheddar? Colby blend?)
- Onions (wide but thin sliced, grilled till completely clear so they pull apart)
- No peppers
- Roll (don't remember the type but it was textured more like Texas toast, so it had light crunch no real crust and pulled eventually right where you bite it)

Last edited:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I've had only one good Philly cheesesteak in my life. It was coincidentally the FIRST one I ever ate, it was in a truck stop when I was maybe 13 years old and it was life changing good.

Every Philly since has not just been disappointing, they've actually been terrible. Borderline inedible. My least favorite thing to eat and I've had DOZENS just hoping to recapture the magic of that first one.

Not with philly cheesteaks, but I get hit by this aaaaall the time: the first time is epic and haunts your dreams. And every subsequent experience is "meh" in comparison. This happens with restaurants in general, specific menu items, and recipes.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Ordered some stuff from Pullama, no idea if I'm going to get it last year or in the next 2022 after clock resets.

Interesting tracking site, the 2022 dates are gone with 2023 dates now, don't know what to expect. Can't tell if its currently in Canada or will be or maybe its HQ'd out of there. Package def coming from China so I think its on a container ship heading eastward to Canada..... then how that gets to me is 20 sided dice shit.
This isn't for gear, this is for a metal themed Holiday Sweater, important that I post about this.

sleewell

Reaction score
Heard back from 2 on my favs about booking a show here. It's odd they don't tell you how they want but I get it.

How much would you offer Gel? Separate night, how much would you offer Sanguisugabogg?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
My work has a form that I have to fill out in order for them to agree to cover the cost prior to even registering for a course. Once I complete the course and pass the exam, I then have to submit another form for the expense.

I signed up for the official exam prep course on PMI. From what I've read, the exam is pretty difficult, but from what I was going through this past weekend, it's pretty straight forward if you've got several years of experience under your belt. We'll see how it goes. I obviously intend to take the practice exam to gauge how ready I am to take the actual exam. If I need supplemental material, I'll probably look into another form of training/prep that won't cost a lot.

I usually do my educational hours on Sunday mornings from when I wake up (usually 7-8am) until noon so this exam prep course will probably run me until the beginning of summer.

So I take it you have your PMP? How did you find the exam? Any recommendations or tips?

I am up for renewal, and furiously claiming/earning PDU's this month. Not sure why I put it off for almost 3 years but Its best to hit your dashboard every 3-6 months and keep things up to date. Beats re-applying/re-testing by a mile.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I've actually concluded the first Philly was NOT a traditional style sandwich, which is a big part of the reason it's been hard to recreate.

I've had enough of the common version of the Philly Cheesesteak to tell how they're "supposed" to be made (which is counter to what I'd like in a steak sandwich).

Typical Philly:
- Super thin sliced steak (tasteless)
- Provolone cheese (bland)
- Onions (red? okay but clash with texture of the sandwich, sometimes mismatching temp
- Peppers (messy, taste clashes)
- Toasted hoagie roll (dry and bland, crunches apart awkward when you bite into it causing an instant mess)

GOAT Philly:
- Thicker sliced steak (tasted like steak!)
- Gooey yellow cheese (cheddar? Colby blend?)
- Onions (wide but thin sliced, grilled till completely clear so they pull apart)
- No peppers
- Roll (don't remember the type but it was textured more like Texas toast, so it had light crunch no real crust and pulled eventually right where you bite it)
What you list as the typical philly is what I consider an up-classed philly. What I expect in a "traditional" philly, as in, made the way it's supposed to be, is cheap-ass steak that can't be cut thin, spray cheese or cheese whiz, piles of peppers and onions, grilled with the cheap-ass meat to try to add something resembling texture and flavor.

I'd rather have what you got listed as the typical.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
How do you make do with a laptop for music production?? I have a big ass computer and 2 1440p monitors and sometimes I consider changing it all for something more portable.
But there's not enough USB ports on a laptop. Audio interface, Helix USB, MIDI keyboard, mouse, external storage. These are things that aren't supposed to be used with a USB hub. Video side maybe 1 displayport for an extra screen? But no 2 monitors.