"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I'd be happy with them banning the misuse of "there is", "there are", "fewer", and "lesser". That gets so far under my skin at this point because they all seem to do it. I obviously don't give a shitting fuck what type of language they use otherwise, we all know I got a potty mouth.

"There's (singular) no new profanity monetization policies (plural)." Please, stop this shit. It should be "There are no new profanity monetization policies" or "There is no new profanity monetization policy change".

Less and fewer are both antonyms for anything meaning more, though "fewer" is in regard to intervals and "lesser" is in regard to proportion or magnitude. "There are less ducks on the lake today" means the ducks there are lesser ducks today. "There are fewer ducks on the lake today" means there are not as many ducks on the lake today.

I'll stop before getting into "Intresting" and "Nuke-ular", I think those are obvious.

Little Johnny was in class one day and the teacher said “Little Johnny, please use the letter ‘I’ in a sentence for us.”

Little Johnny stood up and said “I is…” and the teacher abruptly interrupted him and said “No Little Johnny, it’s always ‘I am’.”

So he said “Fine. I am the 9th letter of the alphabet.”

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be happy with them banning the misuse of "there is", "there are", "fewer", and "lesser". That gets so far under my skin at this point because they all seem to do it. I obviously don't give a shitting fuck what type of language they use otherwise, we all know I got a potty mouth.

"There's (singular) no new profanity monetization policies (plural)." Please, stop this shit. It should be "There are no new profanity monetization policies" or "There is no new profanity monetization policy change".

Less and fewer are both antonyms for anything meaning more, though "fewer" is in regard to intervals and "lesser" is in regard to proportion or magnitude. "There are less ducks on the lake today" means the ducks there are lesser ducks today. "There are fewer ducks on the lake today" means there are not as many ducks on the lake today.

I'll stop before getting into "Intresting" and "Nuke-ular", I think those are obvious.

"Expecially"
Expresso, heighth, and expecially make my eye start twitching, but an awful one is when I hear people pronounce "voila" as "wallah". I hate that I hear all of that shit way more often than I ever would've expected.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Being more careful, all queries on Reverb are under the category "solid body guitars":

33,868 Results for "fender"
17,403 Results for "gibson"
14,941 Results for "prs"
10,259 Results for "ibanez"
7,363 Results for "epiphone"
5,959 Results for "squier"
5,231 Results for "jackson"
1,685 Results for "esp"

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A few observations:

-Surprised there are as many PRS on reverb, as compared to Fender and Gibson. "PRS SE" returns 6,079 results, so about half are fairly recent. Ignoring PRS SE, PRS is closer to Ibanez.

-Sweetwater currently has 3,063 guitar models in stock. Super back-of-the-envelop calculation, it looks like they have around 3 guitars per model in stock, so that's approximately 10,000 guitars in stock. Even considering Guitar Center, Chicago Music Exchange, zZounds, my guess would be that used outnumber new guitars currently for sale.

-Thinking, "ok, maybe most of those 33k fenders are Squiers", I get only 4,104 Results for "fender" under $800.

I'm finding this interesting and I'll do more digging later.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Being more careful, all queries on Reverb are under the category "solid body guitars":

33,868 Results for "fender"
17,403 Results for "gibson"
14,941 Results for "prs"
10,259 Results for "ibanez"
7,363 Results for "epiphone"
5,959 Results for "squier"
5,231 Results for "jackson"
1,685 Results for "esp"
Request to add Schecter to the list, would be curious to see how those stack up to Ibanez and Epiphone.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I got stoned and forgot a leftover piece of pizza in my microwave overnight once. I woke up to a microwave full of ants so I gladly gave 'em the heat. Burned my microwave up running it with them all up in the components and had to get a new one lol.
I'm always a fan of finding a pizza box, standing upright, with pizza still in it, standing among the cereal boxes in the cupboard the morning after one of those evenings. Like, I was smart enough to know the pizza needed put away, but no t quite smart enough to realize it needed to be put in the fridge. Ah well.
Yep, that has to be a good example of someone who felt it's best to play the algorithm game and go with what gets the most play time. I bet even he hates it though. The more creators feed into the algorithm, the more they get stuck doing one thing over and over, the more they end up getting diminishing returns over time and the faster they burn out. That's why there's like a seasonal YouTuber depression every year and you start to get a month or two where every channel is posting a candid video where they clear the air about how down they're feeling about their jobs etc.
Yes, nothing gets my knickers twisted more than a whining crybaby tear-streaking and whimpering about how difficult it is to pander to the crowd/algorithm, when they're literally making a living pandering to the crowd/algorithm. Like, bitch, you figured out how to turn your high school level popularity fetish into a full time job. Who cares if you're trying to impress people or the machines? You're still sitting on a subject you enjoy for a few hours a day, at most, and making a living from it. STFU about how difficult it is while talking to the rest of us, who are mostly going to jobs we hate doing shit we're good at but boring ourselves quite literally to death, even if it is an incredibly long, slow slog to reach death itself. Fuck off and set up a second channel for your whining, bitch. Maybe the anti-algo crowd will find it and praise your inspired bitch-fit level crying?

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm always a fan of finding a pizza box, standing upright, with pizza still in it, standing among the cereal boxes in the cupboard the morning after one of those evenings. Like, I was smart enough to know the pizza needed put away, but no t quite smart enough to realize it needed to be put in the fridge. Ah well.

My classic repeatable fail is putting extra cooked food in the microwave to cool before putting it in the fridge and forgetting that I stashed it in the microwave. Happens about once a week.

I can't leave anything out to cool because my cats want all my food.