"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Okay so I don't really understand this ad(?), PSA(?), or whatever you want to call it. What is it trying to show with its subject matter? I get the literal message in the text but what does the photo have to do with it? Is it showing a highway worker in his real life or something and trying to say if you kill or hurt a highway worker you're killing a regular Joe? Because it just looks to me like a guy high fiving his friend while bowling in his work uniform and it took me way too long to come to that conclusion above. Is that what everyone else is getting from this or am I missing something??

Screenshot_20240701_124201_Gallery.jpg

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay so I don't really understand this ad(?), PSA(?), or whatever you want to call it. What is it trying to show with its subject matter? I get the literal message in the text but what does the photo have to do with it? Is it showing a highway worker in his real life or something and trying to say if you kill or hurt a highway worker you're killing a regular Joe? Because it just looks to me like a guy high fiving his friend while bowling in his work uniform and it took me way too long to come to that conclusion above. Is that what everyone else is getting from this or am I missing something??
I'd say you're reading it correctly, and yes, the execution is poor.

mastapimp

Reaction score

View attachment 146045
Not gonna lie, as I was reading your take on this ad and looking at the photo, I imagined this as a promo for that David Alan Grier "American Society of Magical Negroes" movie

tedtan

Reaction score

View attachment 146045
Yeah, that’s my take as well.

We have major issues here in the Houston area with people speeding through construction zones, so the message is legit, but I agree with Randy that the execution is lacking.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score

View attachment 146045
Fucking hell, I can't believe they need to make an ad for this 🤦🇺🇸

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Watched a year and a half in the life of Metallica for the first time in like 20 years. I can't believe how much money and effort they put into recording the black album for the mix to sound so ass.

Bodes

Reaction score
Watched a year and a half in the life of Metallica for the first time in like 20 years. I can't believe how much money and effort they put into recording the black album for the mix to sound so ass.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they think about how albums sound, but I'd have to hard disagree with you on the mix.

Not to disrespect you here: every time I hear someone pissing on Metallica's post first 4 albums, I feel like they are just trying to be part of the 'it's cool to hate on the grandad rock bands' scene.

And saying that, now I sound like an old fart saying "music was better when I was younger" / "New music sucks" crowd.

I am so confused.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they think about how albums sound, but I'd have to hard disagree with you on the mix.

Not to disrespect you here: every time I hear someone pissing on Metallica's post first 4 albums, I feel like they are just trying to be part of the 'it's cool to hate on the grandad rock bands' scene.

And saying that, now I sound like an old fart saying "music was better when I was younger" / "New music sucks" crowd.

I am so confused.
Nah KeA and AJfA also sound like ass. RtL sounded ok and MoP sounded the best of their recordings but even that wasn't amazeballs. Going back to listen most old metal albums sound like ass. It's a good thing I just like the music.

Besides, look at my avatar. You really think a shitty mix is going to stop me from enjoying good songs?

tedtan

Reaction score
Mixing was limited compared to what we can do today, but you are literally the only person I’ve ever heard state that TBA sounds like ass. It was a great mix for the time and still holds up pretty well even today.

You are certainly welcome to your own opinion, but you are in a very small minority with that one.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Back in my day, people complained that Metallica sold-out on the Black Album because it sounded too good to them. The curse of age, living long enough to see Metallica getting bashed on both sides for everything.
Or Nirvana with Nevermind... Why would you want your album (black/death metal aside) to sound like shit if you have the opportunity to make it sound great?