NPBRD (new pedalboard rig day) with Taurus amp, Boss MS-3...

tupesaku

Reaction score
Ok, so posted a pic of this already in one other thread...but since I'm so excited about this, why not post it's own thread :)

For some reason I'm really liking the idea of a compact rig with everything in one pedalboard, including an amplifier. I had a bigger rig already but it got too heavy for my liking...so decided to make some changes....

I just got the Boss MS-3 and gotta say it's pretty amazing! I got it to replace some other pedals, so that I could fit everything in a smaller pedalboard. I had to wait for the MS-3 a looooong time, but it was definately worth the wait!

I'm using the MS-3 in 4CM with a Taurus Stomp Head 4 HG, which by the way is a really good amp, so I recommend checking that out if you're not familiar with Taurus Amps. In the rig I also have a Precision Drive in the loop and a Mini Cry Baby and a Whammy Ricochet in front of everything.

When I got the Stomp Head I was really worried and sceptical about the volume, but I can assure you it is definately more than enough...we play really loud with the other guitarist having a 60w tube head and this does not shy away from the competition at all.

Anyway, to cut the crap...here's a couple of pics of the old vs new pedalboard rig...hope you like it! :)

20170518_162101_resized(1).jpg

20180127_210603_resized_1(2).jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Sweet rig there. I really like the simplicity. Bravo.

Descent

Reaction score
What are you thoughts on the Taurus? Can it dish out majority of the sound or that's the EVH pedal for the dirt?

tupesaku

Reaction score
Thanks Deadpool_25 :)

And to Descent, I think Taurus is quite versatile as it is...I used the EVH 5150 OD for a while as an extra channel for my six stringed guitars, but I've come to the conclusion that I don't actually need it that much. The amp has clean and distortion channels but there is a crunch mode for the clean channel....so that is probably enaugh for many. The main thing for me is always the distortion channel, and at least for me the dist. channel is plenty enaugh for the modern heavy&crunchy sound I'm looking for...always end up surprised when I really turn the volume up, it's so weird to have such a small amp produce so much volume.

But if you want tight heavier sound I do recommend using some sort of OD in front...I'm using either Maxon OD808 or Horizon Devices Precision Drive, and both get the job done (we tune to drop G#).

I have been using my Helix rack & Matrix GT800 for a long time now as my main rig, but after trying this pedalboard rig a few times with the rest of our band I'm convinced enaugh that it gets the job done, so next gigs will be with this. I am keeping the Helix rig also, of course, but nice to have some alternatives! :)

lewis

Reaction score
what a sweet setup. Get a little line 6 g10 wireless on there and you have every base covered!!.