Genome

Reaction score
If they add the Road King's Channel 4 I will probably be set for life, haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I like how many more of the irritating idiosyncrasies of the Rectifiers I'm experience in the models now.

This update hasn't changed my life but I'm a lifelong Recto fan, every time I get a little closer to the feel of a Rectifier the more I enjoy my unit.

I wish they'd do the Roadster, Channel 4 particularly, but hey I'm far from complaining.

:lol:

It is funny because I feel like I have been liking them less lately. Then I turn on my actual Triple Rectifier and hear the exact same thing :wallbash:

I have always loved Recto amps, and I definitely think they are getting closer to the real thing. What is funny is I think having all of the choices I am starting to like other sounds better.

Genome

Reaction score
Have they sorted out the Presence knob now? Does it behave like it does on an actual Recto from 1-10?

I remember getting confused with the Recto amps before, because the Presence knob on 5 was the Presence knob on 0 on the original amp, or something...

Shask

Reaction score
They re-did the tone stack on the Recto amps for this revision, so I am sure it is better.

When I dial it in vs. actually dialing in my Triple Recto head, the results are similar. I think the presence has to be higher on the Axe, but that is being picky since I have both.

redstone

Reaction score
Could you eventually record an Axe vs Mesa sample without the cab part, just the direct sound, if by any chance you have a load box ?

taliababa

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine how I would get the MFC-101 to change channels on my VH4. Ideally Here's an example of what I hope to accomplish: switch to channel 1 on the Diezel and engage a preset I made that has drive, flanger in front and chorus, delay, and reverb after the preamp. I'm using the 4 cm method.

Reading through the MFC-101 manual, it appears that I could do this using IA, but I'm not certain. If I disable Axe Fx mode, am I losing out on the functionality built into the MFC/Axe combo?

This is my first foray into MIDI. I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

shanike

Reaction score
anyone here uses Mackie HD 1221/1521/1531 with their Axe-Fx II? how do you setup the gain knob on the monitor / the output on the Axe-Fx?

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
anyone here uses Mackie HD 1221/1521/1531 with their Axe-Fx II? how do you setup the gain knob on the monitor / the output on the Axe-Fx?

I use an HD1221 with my Ultra. I pretty much run the knob on the Mackie right in the middle on normal and Output 1 on my Axe is between 10:00 and 11:00. It's plenty loud!

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Okay. It took me about a week to read this entire thread. I think I want an AFX2 now...or maybe when I can afford one. After practicing, recording, playing and touring the same old Carvin MTS 3200 for almost 10 years with the original tubes in it, I think I deserve an upgrade to end all upgrades...until the next AxeFX unit comes out. Hell, maybe by then I could afford it!

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Two little snippets I came up with using my axe fx 2 for all guitars and bass.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/theo-goslett/preastog-butal-menny[/SC]

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/theo-goslett/fw-v1400-tone-test[/SC]

Gumbyx

Reaction score
So for the Axe Fx ii I have my pair of HS808 and I want to get out of the room with it. Still newer to the unit than most. I need to get a grasp for whats out there. Now I own a Mesa 4x12 , Looking at getting a 2x12 for mobility.

If everyone could give me a list of Good, Better, and Best also with the experience (If you have any ) to be listed. I love to play everything genre wise. But at heart Im a metal head, prog lover.

I know matrix seems to be the best bet in terms of function to the Axe, with that being said the GT800FX has caught my eye. It seems to be fitting and powerful, and maybe also transparent to a degree where using the Axe's poweramps you can get a little more versatility than ahh a mesa power amp.

Thoughts would be much appreciated ! thank you ! :lol: :flame::flame::flame:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I started out with a solid state Carvin power amp, and wasn't really feeling it. I sold that and picked up a Mesa 2:90, that's a really nice power amp. Even though I still have the mesa, I saw a VHT 2/90/2 for sale and decided to pick that up as well. I like the way the VHT sounds more than the Mesa, but both are excellent choices.

shnaggs

Reaction score
I play my Axe FX through a Fryette 2/50/2. Sounds great and doesnt seem to color the tone too much. I frequent the Axe FX forum and have seen lots of posts on this topic, with all sorts of differing comments. SS is great if your really wanting a tone that is just "pure" Axe fx. But it seems you loose some of the "thump" and overtones you get with a tube power amp. Plus the tube power amp helps to incorporate some of the "sag" between the amp and speaker, making the playing experience more pleasant, and more realistic.
But than there is the whole frfr route if you want to go there. Many people seem to be digging this route, even some metal players, but you need to get over the "amp in the room" sound cuase it wont be the same.
dont know if that helped or not.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Another vote for the Fyette 2/50/2 here. I used one for a while with my II and loved it.
I had the Matrix GT100Fx before the Fryette.
sounded great .....felt like cardboard compared to the fryette.
I also do the FRFR thing (I have a CLR) some days I love it some days I hate it.
I think I prefer tube amp-> real cab over FRFR.

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Yeah man!
A long time ago I suggested there be two separate threads, but nobody thought it'd work for some reason.
I still think there should specifically be an Axe Fx Standard/Ultra thread, and an Axe Fx 2 thread.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Yeah man!
A long time ago I suggested there be two separate threads, but nobody thought it'd work for some reason.
I still think there should specifically be an Axe Fx Standard/Ultra thread, and an Axe Fx 2 thread.

I'm afraid an Ultra thread would be just as dead. =/

DropTheSun

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/mediumplayer/the-keymaster[/SC]

Ghostbusters, Bill Murray and Axe FX II are the diamond.