right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
I've still got the same problem, but now I know that the Edirol UA-25 isn't receiving MIDI IN data. I'm not sure if its broken or...

Surprise! I managed to borrow my buddies Tascam US-122L, and guess what? It works MIDI IN, and my while my Edirol still only works MIDI OUT. How embarrassing. :lol:

Is there any real reason why both units insist on messing up? I tried alternating cables. Guess what does work? Hooking up both units, AXE FX MIDI OUT - > TASCAM MIDI IN and AXE FX MIDI IN - > Edirol MIDI OUT.... This is insane :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Exact same problem here.

I'm hoping it gets solved in a few days when I get a new midi/digital bus for my 1010lt :lol: Seems I've lost it...

Found a new one for 6 bucks!

Right now I'm using a cheap midi>USB adapter and I'm hoping it's the problem. Kind of a pain in the ass. It does work in spurts, but not long enough to take advantage of it :( If I keep hitting "test" in settings eventually it will load my Axe-FX but as soon as I try to load the Axe as the source it fucks up.

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
I tried the Broderick settings that Biggness posted in the Broderick/Axe Fx thread, and it sounds pretty fucking mean. Different from what I'm used to, but I'll definitely be tossing it in the rotation for when I get tired of my current sound. Thanks Axe, for being the true GAS killer :D

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
It's more of a not being able to save the patches to my computer of a problem.

pen-paper.jpg

:squint: Get to it. :lol:

One man's "nothing fancy" is another man's "ahh sh!t my head hurts from all this" :lol:

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
Turns out that I'm just gonna borrow this interface until I get a new one.

Anyways, has anyone else tried putting an envelope on the amp block's gain and master knobs? Man, it really adds a new dimension to the feel of each amp. Basically when ever I play soft the gain goes low, and it increases when I pick harder. The master envelope is cool too because when I pick hard the amp goes just a little further into overdrive. Cool eh?

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Turns out that I'm just gonna borrow this interface until I get a new one.

Anyways, has anyone else tried putting an envelope on the amp block's gain and master knobs? Man, it really adds a new dimension to the feel of each amp. Basically when ever I play soft the gain goes low, and it increases when I pick harder. The master envelope is cool too because when I pick hard the amp goes just a little further into overdrive. Cool eh?

I just now, after reading this post, figured out how to do this :lol: There is SO much shit you can do in this unit!!!

I can't find any picks this morning though :( Can't play right now :(

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
come on! you want me to sit and write down every setting by hand? :fawk:

Yes. AND put them in an envelope and mail them to me, along with some of those chewy red fish candies you swedes have. :squint:

I just now, after reading this post, figured out how to do this :lol: There is SO much shit you can do in this unit!!!

I can't find any picks this morning though :( Can't play right now :(

When you find a pick, dial up this patch. :yesway: It is beyond awesome, how it interacts with your playing and volume knob.

http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15880

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Might aswell share a demo of a new song I'm doing a demo on. But I'm using the Axe FX for sound:

http://www.oep.se/audio/57-test.mp3

remember it's just a demo so don't bash it.

Sounds like a Brittany Spears song. I can hear her screaming "FUCK ME!!!! FUCK MEEEEEEE!!!! YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!!!" whilst her head spins 360 degrees and she pukes green vomit. :lol::lol::lol:

Christ man, that's some heavy shit. Well played good sir, well played :yesway:

I don't suppose, once again, that you'd like to *share* your recipes????

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
:D

Everything's sold now. That combined with a couple pedal sales, the laptop and a few other items I sold on ebay bought me an Ultra and gave be about $500 to get my house ready for the incoming baby! :wub:

My goal is to never buy tubes again, I hope it works out for me!

I've been meaning to ask you - - - - - what went wrong with your 1101 rig that you sold it? I remember how you raved about it in the dim dark past of a few months ago.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Might aswell share a demo of a new song I'm doing a demo on. But I'm using the Axe FX for sound:

http://www.oep.se/audio/57-test.mp3

remember it's just a demo so don't bash it.

oh fuck, maaaaan! that sounds so ridiculously "in the room" that i had to lower my headphone volume for a bit to see that i wasn´t accidentally playing it through my speakers!

really nice and LARGE!

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been meaning to ask you - - - - - what went wrong with your 1101 rig that you sold it? I remember how you raved about it in the dim dark past of a few months ago.

I LOVED it and it did everything I needed it to do through a tube power amp and cab but... The direct tones didn't do it for me :( With a new born, I needed good direct tones. I have to be quiet because I only really get to play when everybody else is asleep. I've spent some time with an Axe-FX before but without the editor and I HATE tweaking it with the front panel controls so I didn't really give it a fair chance. I love it now. SO much you can tweak and the ability to load custom cab IRs makes it a winner. If it were possible to do this with the Digitech I wouldn't have sold it. GREAT preamp!!!