Oh my god...this CAN'T be real.

• Thread starter STRHelvete
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Once upon a time, I liked Dean guitars. I owned 3 or 4 in the early '00s. Never liked the KK ones, even in the 90s when I was all about Warlocks and Virgins. (sounds funny out of context!)

When Dean comes out with stuff like this, I ALMOST feel tempted to try one again. Then I remember that all but one of my V's/Z's developed a twist in the neck so bad that it couldn't be corrected or repaired. None of them had Floyds, so it wasn't like I was wringing the necks out. It just came down to faulty QC. And since then, ESP has risen to the top like cream in a cappuccino.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
Idk. My first experience of slayer was the late 90s. I remember seeing an ad in guitar world for bc rich with Kerry King talking about being back with bc rich because it felt like home. He was holding one of the most awesomest tastefullest metal guitars I've ever seen to this day. It was a kkv with reverse asm headstock. Black sunburst on a flame maple top. EMGs and a Kahler. Ebony fretboard with big diamond inlays. I lusted hard over that one. He didn't use it long before he put a widow headstock and tribal graphics all over it.

manu80

Reaction score
you guys have a serious problem with 12th fret inlays, seriously....
Great looking KKV errr..... no V.

Reaction score
He would have put his devil horn headstock on it but still...would have made sense. Maybe the headstock would have made it too much like his BC Rich sig so they didn't go with it.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
We all know that Kerry King can't design a guitar, but look what Martin Furia from Destruction got Dean to make him. This is what Kerrys guitar should have looked like (he just need to remove the 12th fret inlay):

View attachment 125481
Dean finally making a decent looking guitar? If only they had a decent headstock to go with it...

Reaction score
I don't like the fretboard is all up in the body like that but ah well. It ain't my custom.

However I'm beginning to want a custom shop Dean more and more. We'll see if it ever happens. Unlikely as it would just give me constant anxiety