Ola Englund Washburn Signature Announced

• Thread starter Draceius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wilch

Reaction score
Man Am i the only one that http://http://www.gearhounds.com/washburn-ola-englund-px-solor17dlxc-electric-guitar-carbon-black.aspx has ordered one? All these km7s are getting me so exited for my solar☺️. I got the px160 and am throwing a black distortion and 59 in their. And I got a black one with an evertune 7. Has anyone else ordered theirs? Maybe I only have because I did it through a rep, but I saw this pop up that they were now for order but the first batch won't ship tell April. Washburn Ola Englund PX-SOLAR17DLXC Signature Series Guitar - Carbon Black

Nope, not ordering one. No one from Washburn, the various Washburn fb pages, or the Aussie distributor got back to me to tell me that they had regular nickel fretwire. (which is not a problem, the problem is no response to a simple question...and no it was never specifically listed anywhere that the Washburn Solar's had regular fretwire. Was like pulling teeth just to get an answer to that).

So I ordered something else, and money's going there instead.

Charvel7string

Reaction score
Yea ola said they have regular fret because of string life I don't really care if they don't have SS frets if you have questions i can figure them out bro!

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Yea ola said they have regular fret because of string life I don't really care if they don't have SS frets if you have questions i can figure them out bro!

The point is that he didn't get a response from the people you'd figure would want his money. They showed a disinterest in his money, so he took it elsewhere.

Anyway, I still really want one, but I just can't justify spending the money. I feel I'd also only be buying because it's got Ola's name attached, and I love him. Not so much for the guitar itself, which doesn't entirely float my boat. If I stumble upon 600-700 extra bucks, I may order one of the imports for collectors purposes though.

Charvel7string

Reaction score
I'm olas biggest fan and had been saving up ever since they announced the models. The import models are so sick I got the 599 model and I'm just swapping the pups for Duncan's and then I got the import evertune model if any of you guys have questions I'll get them anwsered my friend works at USMC so I'll get the specs. So no one on here besides me has ordered one? Wow

jeleopard

Reaction score
I really wish they had a model at 1k like the KM7 with 7 strings, real Duncans, and a hipshot instead of an Evertune :\

I could get a cheap one and mod it.... but it's cheap.

Epyon6

Reaction score
I'm olas biggest fan and had been saving up ever since they announced the models. The import models are so sick I got the 599 model and I'm just swapping the pups for Duncan's and then I got the import evertune model if any of you guys have questions I'll get them anwsered my friend works at USMC so I'll get the specs. So no one on here besides me has ordered one? Wow

Oh no sir I will be getting one....a few questions since your a pro on the matter....

their available now? or these just preorders?
can you replace the standard bridge on the PX-SOLAR170C with a hipshot?
what is the actual nut width? says 43mm but that can't be right, is it a standard 48mm? or 45mm like a NT7?

If you answer all these questions I'll love you forever.

Charvel7string

Reaction score
I'll get right I that bro the hipshot I can almost be sure on but it's stock bridge is amazing from what I've herd from Jason. And I ordered mine from a rep and the first batch should be shipping April and full swing in May. But I'm assuming gear hounds is an actual order but their not shipping yet thy had the first km7s and I bet the solar will be the same. They always have it first lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 99

Epyon6

Reaction score
I'll get right I that bro the hipshot I can almost be sure on but it's stock bridge is amazing from what I've herd from Jason. And I ordered mine from a rep and the first batch should be shipping April and full swing in May. But I'm assuming gear hounds is an actual order but their not shipping yet thy had the first km7s and I bet the solar will be the same. They always have it first lol.

Ugh!! Can't wait, too bad I wont be getting mine till prob the end of the year :(.

Epyon6

Reaction score
What model catches your eye?

Gonna be getting the 170C for 2 reasons

1. I cant afford the 3K one
2. Not digging the evertune besides I don't need anything fancy

But this is a crazy deal I think. Alder body, ebony fretboard, neck thru,:yum: even the pickups prob aren't bad but I'd deff be putting in Nazgul and Sentients in, possibly locking tuners and also possibly hipshot if im not big on the bridge but I'm sure it'll be fine, like I said I don't need anything crazy:lol:

Charvel7string

Reaction score
Spoke to Ola last night and this is what's he said. I'm still looking for the exact nut spec but I'd be safe to say its 48 standard. I ordered mine as early as possible so hope fully the first batch will be coming in April. If you have any other questions let me know bros!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 109

Charvel7string

Reaction score
Just called Washburn and confirmed that the nut is 48mm and the batch looks like it will bee shipping in May 20th unless you put in a USA cst shop right when they were anouced. If you have any other questions let me know I can get wanders fast through my USMC family which I can't thank enough.

Epyon6

Reaction score
Just called Washburn and confirmed that the nut is 48mm and the batch looks like it will bee shipping in May 20th unless you put in a USA cst shop right when they were anouced. If you have any other questions let me know I can get wanders fast through my USMC family which I can't thank enough.

Nice man thanks, I saw in the beginning of this thread that Ola Left wasburn already? I didn't quite understand but does this mean that there's gonna be a limited run of these? or they gonna be around for a while? cause I'm prob gonna be buying one late this year or early next (due to moving issues)...hope they don't stop production of these before I can get my hands on one....:scream:

dametalbeast

dametalbeast
Reaction score
Nope, not ordering one. No one from Washburn, the various Washburn fb pages, or the Aussie distributor got back to me to tell me that they had regular nickel fretwire. (which is not a problem, the problem is no response to a simple question...and no it was never specifically listed anywhere that the Washburn Solar's had regular fretwire. Was like pulling teeth just to get an answer to that).

So I ordered something else, and money's going there instead.

same here, I was pretty interested in this model, tried looking for some extra info and no one got back to me. after speculation I got the KM-7 and Im pretty damn stoked on it :hbang:

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Nice man thanks, I saw in the beginning of this thread that Ola Left wasburn already? I didn't quite understand but does this mean that there's gonna be a limited run of these? or they gonna be around for a while? cause I'm prob gonna be buying one late this year or early next (due to moving issues)...hope they don't stop production of these before I can get my hands on one....:scream:

Where does it say he left washburn? I'm pretty sure that's not true, though I haven't really payed any attention to this.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

What.

He left Strictly 7.

Charvel7string

Reaction score
He left strictly 7 well he didn't renew he contract with them which I'm happy with because these are looking amazing. Also yesterday I was super happy to see this judging on this little surprise I saw on Facebook.The first batch may be coming in alittle early!😊:hbang:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 134