Old school JP7s?

• Thread starter Flamemaple82
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flamemaple82

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone have some rare or cool ones? Behind the times with this, but, I like what I like.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
I've been regretting missing out on one on facebook marketplace for about 1400 quid roughly a year ago, haven't seen a single one come up again since

I got as far as deciding to overpay for one that was in Spain but someone bought it that very day

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flamemaple82

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been regretting missing out on one on facebook marketplace for about 1400 quid roughly a year ago, haven't seen a single one come up again since

I got as far as deciding to overpay for one that was in Spain but someone bought it that very day
I've moved or missed quite a few that I regret, but I'm rectifying that now.

Always looking. Which one did you miss?

TheDandy

Reaction score
Not sure if it’s considered rare, but certainly a discontinued spec that I haven’t seen around much. Carbon pearl blue with piezo, but dot inlays and unpainted headstock. Did some mild mods in the form of refretting, a tremol-no, and a push push pot for coil splits in all positions. Ridiculously great guitar that I got for a steal at $1,800 CAD a few years back ($1400 ish USD).

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 132

Flamemaple82

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s considered rare, but certainly a discontinued spec that I haven’t seen around much. Carbon pearl blue with piezo, but dot inlays and unpainted headstock. Did some mild mods in the form of refretting, a tremol-no, and a push push pot for coil splits in all positions. Ridiculously great guitar that I got for a steal at $1,800 CAD a few years back ($1400 ish USD).
Didn't see a lot of carbon blues in a 7 configuration, but they're definitely great guitars, and they can still be found for a steal if one is patient enough/even cares about them anymore 😅

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The classic Mystic Dream JP7 w/ piezo is on my bucket list. If I ever see one locally at a sane price, it's coming home.

Does anyone know at which year they started shipping with SS frets?

Flamemaple82

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The classic Mystic Dream JP7 w/ piezo is on my bucket list. If I ever see one locally at a sane price, it's coming home.

Does anyone know at which year they started shipping with SS frets?
2012 pretty much. A few 2011s, but just go by the model year 2012, plus the square bridge. If you see an L shaped bridge, you're outta luck for SS frets.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
2012 pretty much. A few 2011s, but just go by the model year 2012, plus the square bridge. If you see an L shaped bridge, you're outta luck for SS frets.

Now that you mention the bridge. Wasn't it also changed over the years? Which is the good one? I think I always get tired of spec hunting with these :lol:

Flamemaple82

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was only changed once. Well, if you don't count the JP16 Floyd.

Pre 2012 - 'L' shaped bridge. The space for the tremelo arm has no material above it, making it look like it "sticks out."

Post 2012 - it's square shaped.

Both bridges are great. I have examples of both MM bridges and I never have issues with the bridges. Every once in a blue moon I'll have an issue with the saddle, and if it's pre-2012... you're kinda fucked.

Last edited:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't know they made one with a Floyd, that's blowing my mind lol

Wucan

Reaction score
my 7 :)

instrument-21.png