Orange Micro Terror for home use with Metal Muff and 2x12 v30 cab?

• Thread starter Alejandro Moreno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i'm saving some money for a 5150 but i need an amp for practice at home, i don't have a lot of money becasue i need to buy the Carvin Cab and the EVH, so searching on the web i found this cutie...

It sounds great!!! But i don't own a seven strings or even a guitar with active pickups.... but i have a Metal Muff with top boost, will the Micro Teror accept the Metal Muff? if so... will it take good my other pedals, this is what i have:

-T.C. Electronic Flashback Delay
-T.C. Electronic Corona Chorus
-EVH MXR Phase 90
-MXR M-108 Ten Band EQ
-Ibanez Airplane Flanger Paul Gilbert Signature
-Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie I Wah
-Metal Muff With Top Boost
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
-MXR M-66 Classic Overdrive
-Zvex Super Hard on Clone "Alejandro Custom"
-Visualsound 1Spot Combo

Will it take the pedals on a good way? The modulations, delay...you know everything on the input (because it lacks of FX Loop) If so i would be so happy!

Thanks in advance and keep it metal! :hbang::shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
you should be fine with this. maybe all you need is a 1x12 orange makes them i believe

Hi, Mniel! I'm gald to see you here, you are always helping me out :agreed: Well as i told you on the EVH Thread the cab will be for the 5150 and the practice amp, i can't afford a HT-5 (because importing it will be lot expensive) And ia friend of mine can bring me this from a trip.

Do you think that the 2x12 is a lot for the Micro Terror? Or it will be just fine?

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
The micro can push a 4x12.

Pedal wise, they seem to take a boost well,

but anything else, unless you were trying for a clean tone, would get distorted after the effects. Fine for the wah, eq, etc; shitty with the chorus and delay though. The noise suppressor you could x-method the boost, but not the preamp section due to lack of loop.

Reaction score
The micro can push a 4x12.

Pedal wise, they seem to take a boost well,

but anything else you, unless you were trying for a clean tone, would get distorted after the effects. Fine for the wah, eq, etc; shitty with the chorus and delay though. The noise suppressor you could x-method the boost, but not the preamp section due to lack of loop.

I forgot that he is running it with a 4x12 (my bad) Mmm well i'm not searching a that good clean, i'm mainly looking for a good pedal response, maybe by itself it doesn't get that brutal but maybe with the Metal Muff i can get a good tone, am i right? If i put the chorus delay, phaser and flanger after the Metal Muff will work?

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have a volume control on the last pedal and set it lower so it doesn't push the amp, but you'd be relying on the muff for 100% of your distorted tone, or you would be distorting the time/spatial effect.

Sometimes it can sound decent, other times it ends up a bit like this:

Reaction score
If you have a volume control on the last pedal and set it lower so it doesn't push the amp, but you'd be relying on the muff for 100% of your distorted tone, or you would be distorting the time/spatial effect.

Sometimes it can sound decent, other times it ends up a bit like this:

Well i don´t mind to depend ay 100% on my distorted tone being the MM but i have the doubt if the delay (for example) will sound good after it, before it... Well... i think i wont do that ... Hahahaha Mmmm I don´t have a pedal with a vol knob at the end of my chain, should i have it?

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Normally it isn't a problem. In a pinch you could always toss the EQ there if you need one to preserve you sound and use all your pedals.

Reaction score
Normally it isn't a problem. In a pinch you could always toss the EQ there if you need one to preserve you sound and use all your pedals.

I think i'm about to order it... It should arrive with 2x12 Cab! Ohh silly me! I forgot that my EQ has a Vol fader, mmm but i don´t understand if i use for example the metal muff alone it will push the tube and distor it on a bad way? I think i can put the tone knob of the Micro Terror and the EQ the MM to my taste (and yeah, my english is horrible... i'm still learning hehehe sorry about that)

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Muff pushing amp not nessarily bad, but you might find that you want to keep the volume on the muff down so it doesn't push the amp. Better off using your overdrive if you want to push the amp.

Reaction score
Muff pushing amp not nessarily bad, but you might find that you want to keep the volume on the muff down so it doesn't push the amp. Better off using your overdrive if you want to push the amp.

Ohhh now i understand (sorry i'm kinda slow hehehe) I see well i had a solid state Ibanez X Tone blaster 15 watts combo and used to use the Metal Muff with it i used the volume knob of the MM at 12 o clock and i sounded really killer!!! But i got tired of the lack of bass of the 8" speaker, so i think i can dial de vol knob of the MM to get a good sound, what do you think? :hbang:

Edit, i can dial at 12 o'clock to get the equal good sound