Ordered from Japan recently?

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ClownShoes

Reaction score
My shipping fee from Ikebe was 34,054JPY, so about 300 bucks USD. With Australian import duty it came to about 500
This is the ball park of all my buys to Oz from Yahoo auctions as well.

It sucks but Japan has so many cool guitars for sale. Picked up a mint 2016 Washburn N4 from Ishibashi for 150,000 yen last year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is the ball park of all my buys to Oz from Yahoo auctions as well.

It sucks but Japan has so many cool guitars for sale. Picked up a mint 2016 Washburn N4 from Ishibashi for 150,000 yen last year.

It used to be cheaper with EMS, but AusPost reduced the max package size down to 1m last year. Though for more expensive purchases I'd rather fork out more for the courier anyway.

NewCultKing

Reaction score
has anyone worked with meestursparkle recently? I missed out on a couple of guitars from Ishibashi and Ikebe, and the craft house is holding a deal on an esp that I'd consider going for.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
has anyone worked with meestursparkle recently? I missed out on a couple of guitars from Ishibashi and Ikebe, and the craft house is holding a deal on an esp that I'd consider going for.
From what his ebay shop looks like, it seems he doesn't even live in Japan any longer and he just sells a shitton of non music related junk. I purchased a guitar from him like 10 years ago now ? It's been a long time and people's lives change.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I wrote him a few days ago and haven't received a reply. A message on his FB sounded like someone with a lot of distain for the current state of the guitar marketplace, and a strong dislike of the Japanese reseller bot people. Can't say I disagree with that!

AltecGreen

Reaction score

narad

Reaction score

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Announced the same week I gave up and gave my guitars to ESP to refinish and repair! Well, good to know...maybe can get my IIC over to mesa now

I figured this might be more useful to you for the amp. How much is ESP charging?

narad

Reaction score
I figured this might be more useful to you for the amp. How much is ESP charging?

~$2k for refin and refret. It was complicated to do them separately since it has binding so not sure how the individual things broke down. A tinier bit easier to swallow with jpy/usd rates down, but still, damn, that's a lot.

Actually just sent an amp to the US today for mods via Yamato, but it requires total dimensions be <= 120m, which is tough even if it is just the chassis. Curious to see what the EMS rates are going to be.

Latest posts