Original Blade movie turned 25 years old

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How are all these new movies so old? I mean, I was in my mid-20's when this came out, but I'm super young and totally hip and with it. The kids still say "radical", right?

Want to know something that may or may not freak you out? The release of Titanic the movie is closer to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album than it is to this point in time.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Those fighting scenes were fantastic at the time. I was pissed off when I watched Blade 2 at the theater finding they made some fight scenes with CGI. Seemed out of a Playstation game.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Want to know something that may or may not freak you out? The release of Titanic the movie is closer to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album than it is to this point in time.
Do we think the CGI is advanced enough for a Titanic 2?

EDIT: Wait, T2 can be Bioshock Infinium era but Bioshock 1/2 environment under water. Survivors are rescued and taken down to the underwater city. Sheeit, thank me later Hollywood shit heels.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That is insane though that that much time has passed... I really liked all of the Blade movies and haven't seen them in yeeeears

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Those fighting scenes were fantastic at the time. I was pissed off when I watched Blade 2 at the theater finding they made some fight scenes with CGI. Seemed out of a Playstation game.
It's a good thing they didn't go with the alternate ending for the first Blade then...

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
The Wonder Years ran from 1988-1993 and was set yearly from 1968-1973. Today, a Wonder Years reboot would run from 2023-2028 would be set in 2003-2008. It would be about millennials coming of age. Feel old yet?

the-wonder-years-kevin-arnold.gif

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Blade 1 is a fun Saturday movie, I definitely like Blade 2 more, that thing is just filled to the brim with fucking atmosphere, even if it has that ONE bad CGI scene; Blade 3 is a huge fucking let down to the first two and I don't even give a shit if it's on for background noise.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Blade 1 is a fun Saturday movie, I definitely like Blade 2 more, that thing is just filled to the brim with fucking atmosphere, even if it has that ONE bad CGI scene; Blade 3 is a huge fucking let down to the first two and I don't even give a shit if it's on for background noise.

I love Blade 1 and 2 for entirely different reasons. I think Blade 2 had a far more interesting "villain" than Blade 1, but I felt like Blade 1 was a hell of a showcase for the Blade character.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Blade 3 sucked, but it had Parker Posey and she rules.