Padalka guitars

• Thread starter thinkpad20
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I've always wondered how this works. When an exceptionally skilled builder walks into a big workshop like that do they just line everyone up and say this guy is better than everyone of you so he is going to be managing and training you all better or do they just stick them behind a table with some fret files and a monthly pay cheque.
If it’s not the former I will personally fly up and slap Sheldon.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
So
I've always wondered how this works. When an exceptionally skilled builder walks into a big workshop like that do they just line everyone up and say this guy is better than everyone of you so he is going to be managing and training you all better or do they just stick them behind a table with some fret files and a monthly pay cheque.
Sounds like you're underestimating the staff at Dingwall.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd assume he first needs to assimilate company culture and values, and understand the condition of the first layer of workers before he can move on. It's what I've seen done in medium and large companies in my (completely unrelated) field. They bring someone with significant experience, have them do a bit of low-level work for about a year, and then move them to a position that is more in line with their experience and expertise. That, of course, will depend on the person being hired and on the size of the company and their culture. It's not so much about skill, but more about experience. Simon worked mostly by himself, if I understand correctly, and called all the shots, so he might not be used to working with a team and being given instructions.

I'm just speculating here though, I don't actually have any clue how Dingwall runs his business.

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
Damn, I'm on Simon's waiting list, hope there's a chance I can still get a pluto in the future.

Dingwall seems to have a great team, still keen to pick up Z-series one day.