Painted in Exile (New York Tech/Prog/Melo/Math/Awesome)

• Thread starter SerratedSkies
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
The new guitarist slays! I never knew he was this great :lol:

dat tone

dat phrasing

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Very much appreciated, guys! And yes.... Ivan is indeed the man haha. Be sure to check out his work with the infamous Guitar Messenger (yes, that's his site). He has some great stuff coming out soon.

Matt - Marc Lambert will buy you that beer.....next time we run into each other....provided that I can make some money, a.k.a. TEACH SOME FUCKING LESSONS *coughcough* hint hint! :shred:

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
I should also let you all know that I just created a new lesson on BANDHAPPY.com.

https://bandhappy.com/profile/MarcLambert_PIE

Guess who's still broke and needs to teach!

Feel free to let me know if there are any other topics that you'd like to see or that I should include... like how to be a starving artist/college music student, for example. :rolleyes:

LET'S DO IT!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You ever consider trying to work with someone like JamPlay or Infinite Guitar?

Not sure what their system for compensation is but you've got chops/knowledge and your material is pretty accessible. You could even see about getting some lessons up on Guitar Messenger for exposure.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Hey, Randy! Good to hear from you again. I actually haven't thought about that yet...I guess I just never thought it was even in the cards at this point. I certainly appreciate the advice and the kind words though. I'm not too familiar with Infinite Guitar, so what do you think the best way to go about that whole process would be?

And I was actually just discussing the Guitar Messenger thing with Ivan not too long ago. We'll definitely be doing something (certainly together, but maybe seperate as well), we just decided that it would probably be best to wait and plan it around some kind of release.

Although, we were ALSO talking about a possible seperate collaboration video between myself and someone else who I'm super stoked on, which could bring about some other new stuff as well, so we'll have to see about that ;)

Really appreciate the advice!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to help however I can!

I found Infinite Guitar when I checking out some lessons by Tom Quayle. I noticed Chris Feener, Trav Montgomery and Rick Graham are all on there, and they're all (or at least were...?) members here. Chris and Travis are usually pretty accessible via FB, YT, etc. Seeing as IG charges a subscription, I'm figuring there has to be some kinda kickback for instructors.

Looking forward to seeing some vids with you and Ivan!

PM me if there's anything more specific you could get some help with. :cheers:

ScornEmperor

Reaction score
Infinite Guitar has some good content. I started there several years ago when I was first learning.

Tom Hess also has a great program for helping guitar instructors build a business (EGTIC, electric guitar teacher inner circle). A fair number of his guitar teacher students have built self-sufficient instruction businesses letting them quit their jobs and focus on music (that's one goal of the program). Of course, putting money in to get money out is probably not something you're super interested in, but it might be worth checking out.

Definitely looking forward to more Painted in Exile. I enjoy listening to Revitalized.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
^ It's true. The Gods were pleased and the planets were aligned long enough for us to run into each other so we could finally solve this issue.....although I owed you a beer before we bought each other a beer, so I guess we're actually back to square one...

Thanks again though, everyone! I'm looking into EGTIC right now and it definitely seems interesting. I also managed to get in touch with Travis, who was kind enough to tell me who I should talk to about Infinite Guitar, so now that's my next step.

Thank you guys for all of the help and support. Let's drink beer together! :cheers:

And be sure to check out Serrated Skies' new band Give Up The Goods, which features PIE's former bassist Vin! Give Up the Goods

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Thanks so much, guys! Really appreciate you all taking the time to check it out, and I'm so glad you dug it.

I'm looking to teach private lessons primarily (both on Skype and in-person), so I just uploaded a new video (a bit of a left turn from the last one), for those of you who might be interested. If you are, feel free to send me an email at marclambert.pie@gmail.com!

Pantera - "Domination" (Solo Cover by Marc Lambert of Painted In Exile) - YouTube

Stealthdjentstic - Thanks a lot, man! We should be releasing the new single within the next few months, and there should be at least some kind of preview within the next few weeks, so thanks for sticking with us!

Lukifer - Nahhh you should've, man! I didn't even place in the finals, so you never know!

Hope you all dig it! Thanks again,

- Marc

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Yeah I didnt place because I didnt enter so I guess you never know. But there was some top notch playing so I didnt even try. I dont know how you didnt place. Conspiracy I tell you!!!

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Ahh very much appreciated, man. I'm not sure of the criteria that they were using to judge the contest, but I would assume that my lack of views due to my last-minute entrance may have had something to do with it (even though that technically shouldn't have mattered considering that it was in before the deadline), but I'm not too worried about it. It was a fun challenge, and there's always next time!