Peavey 6505mh + Zoom G3xn = Atrocious

Annonnymous

Reaction score
Guitar amps aren't frfr so they will color the sound, I believe your presence and resonance controls should also work to help. Make sure you don't use can presets either into the poweramp as that will not sound right, you'd need an frfr amp for that.

Can a "pedal platform" amp do the job? I don't use cab simulations, and I'm not a fan of the amp sims as well. I need the fx unit mainly for the choruses/reverbs/delays. What I ideally want would be a fenderish clean with very little break up that I can use my modulation effects with. I don't know if that would be possible with a power amp pedal used for... powering the fx unit and using the Fender simulation from the Zoom, or get a Fenderish amp which clean channel I'd use with only the effects of the Zoom.
By the way my cab is loaded with an Eminence Governor. I've compared it with other speakers and I know it sounds a bit harsh on the cleans, but that's not my main concern now. I can live with that to be honest.
I played with the resonance/presence knobs but I still can't get a pleasing result, it looks like the amp is too dark for what I want. It sounds amazing when it comes to 7 strings and death metal, but for cleans...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik/

Reaction score
Should be able to but how good it sounds if personal preference. I'd definitely take your guitar & zoom with you to go try it out first and make sure that it works for your purposes though.