Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
LOL, that's super-stupid, why should I buy it if I can go to YouTube and listen to it there even before the official release date? And what's the point of pre-ordering in this case?

Oh, I don't know, supporting the band, first of all? And this case in particular? Well, there's a pre-order package with a usb drive that has studio update kind of stuff that's not on youtube.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrSleepwalker

Reaction score
Well, I support bands, while buying merch and visiting gigs

there's a pre-order package with a usb drive that has studio update kind of stuff that's not on youtube.

Not yet :D
tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
You're also not accounting for first week sales, which have a lot to do with if a band will even come to you town so you can buy merch from them.

All I'm saying is the guys who defend the idea of shorting bands money generally turn out to be stingy assholes. You don't see me, the struggling starting musician working at McDonald's shorting bands. I gave $50, which was all I had left, to The Safety Fire and let them sleep and shower at my house when they came through here. Not to mention buying their new album the day it came out.

Also, you definitely shouldn't play off stuff like this about Periphery in the Periphery thread in which Misha and Jake frequently post in.

TL;DR: If you like a band, you should have the decency to give them some $$$. Tip your waiter/waitress, and tip your favorite bands.

MrSleepwalker

Reaction score
You're also not accounting for first week sales, which have a lot to do with if a band will even come to you town so you can buy merch from them.

All I'm saying is the guys who defend the idea of shorting bands money generally turn out to be stingy assholes. You don't see me, the struggling starting musician working at McDonald's shorting bands. I gave $50, which was all I had left, to The Safety Fire and let them sleep and shower at my house when they came through here. Not to mention buying their new album the day it came out.

Also, you definitely shouldn't play off stuff like this about Periphery in the Periphery thread in which Misha and Jake frequently post in.

TL;DR: If you like a band, you should have the decency to give them some $$$. Tip your waiter/waitress, and tip your favorite bands.

Do you even read, bro?
I wrote that I have already pre-ordered the album, but the fact that it appeared on yt has shocked me.

And the fact that EP was leaked clears the situation about it

anomynous

Reaction score
The EP "leaked" after it was put on YouTube. the "leak" is a rip of the YouTube audio. I don't know why Sumerian put it on Youtube two weeks early, but they did.

imgarrett

Reaction score
The EP "leaked" after it was put on YouTube. the "leak" is a rip of the YouTube audio. I don't know why Sumerian put it on Youtube two weeks early, but they did.

THIS. I feel half of the leaks aren't even leaks they are youtube webrips of full album streams they put on youtube. Technically it's not a leak.

spectrrrrrre

INSERT DJA DJENT
Reaction score
Glad you guys are digging Clear!
Obviously due to the nature of a project like this, it's normal if not everyone is a fan of every track, but that's part of the fun. At any rate thanks for listening, and if you enjoyed it please support us by preordering the album or buying it in the first week as it does make a big difference for us!!

Out of curiosity, how heavily do pre-orders weight versus first week sales? Do they weight more or are they equal?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I think every song on this EP is rockin. And then there's Parade of Ashes. What the heck is that? I'm like blown away that people in this thread like it. I thought for sure it would be the most unanimously disliked song. I think it's the worst Periphery song I've ever heard. :noway: I'm sure the band anticipates it being hated on because it's clearly way more... differenter... than anything else they've put out. :flame: Sorry, I guess I just wasn't ready :ugh:

No one else hears this song and just immediately thinks 'nope.' ?

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^I'm sure plenty of people agree with you on it. Just not here, apparently. Certainly not me, that song is sweet.

It's The Summer Jam that I can't get into. It's very good, just not my thing. The whole idea of this EP is awesome though. It really does feel like all of the styles thrown together would be similar to Periphery II.

avinu

Reaction score
Pale Aura be my jam.

23kxjtl.jpg

excuse my editing skills.

So much yuss. Love the different styles on every song while keeping a theme. Also I didn't expect the instrumentals. Definitely cool but I wonder if it was because the person writing the song was like "hey I don't want vocals on this" or if Spencer was just like "nope can't do vocals with that man sorry".

Flare

Reaction score
So much yuss. Love the different styles on every song while keeping a theme. Also I didn't expect the instrumentals. Definitely cool but I wonder if it was because the person writing the song was like "hey I don't want vocals on this" or if Spencer was just like "nope can't do vocals with that man sorry".

"I don't want vocals"
Every member chose about evrything 'bout his song.
I'm a little disappointed of Nick playing the solo indeed, Misha said no guest solos in this ep, i think Spencer cheated:rolleyes:

Oh, and this songs aren't meant to be played live for who asked

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've only started with Feed the Ground, but goddamn, that high note Spence hit's at 1:55. :eek: His growls also sound like they're also getting more brutal. :yum:

EDIT: Was Spencer influenced by Nine Inch Nails with The Parade of Ashes? The groove sounds a lot like a NiN song and Spencer's delivery reminds me of Trent Reznor.

Judging by what I'm hearing, Spencer's, Matt's, and Nolly's are my favorites.