Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I also finally seeing Jake come out and write something non electronic and he excelled in my opinion.

The Gods Must Be Crazy was mostly written by Jake, I believe! Also, Racecar was between Misha and Jake, he contributes more than you'd think ;)

Anyway, The Summer Jam, and The Parade Of Ashes are definitely my favorites. I really like Feed The Ground too but it's hard to think of it as a Periphery song since I always thought of it as a Mothership song.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Pale Aura be my jam.

23kxjtl.jpg

excuse my editing skills.

Yup. Such a kickass song; it might even be my favorite thing this band has done. Way to go Mrak :metal:

spectrrrrrre

INSERT DJA DJENT
Reaction score
I feel out of place thinking Zero and Extraneous would have been sick with vocals. Since the trend seems to be a belief in instrumental Periphery. Still good stuff though, definitely think Mrak's track is the strongest, that intro riff ....ing kills me everytime. :shred:

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Zero and Extraneous would have been sick with vocals. Especially if Spencer laid some of his ridiculous death growls in Extraneous.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
Was anything from the piano parts in Clear, or anything else, played in the PII in studio videos?

Pweaks

Reaction score
When I hear Extraneous I feel like it needs some Jens Kidman. But I think it also works instrumentally.

My favorite tracks are Jake's and Mark's. I love the vocals on The Summer Jam and the black metal-ish vibe on Pale Aura. Spencer's really catchy and good too and I find myself listening to it over and over again. I like the chorus(?) riff in Misha's track but other than that it sounds a bit boring. Matt's track is alright, though it doesn't really move me into a one way or another. Average is the right word I guess.

Flare

Reaction score
O
I don't know where you got that "information" but it's obviously not true.
First off, I don't decide anything, the band comes together and decides things as a group. Second, if it HAD been against the rules, Spencer would have respected that. But we agreed as a band that anything goes, so a guest solo was more than welcome and Nick Johnston did a fantastic job to boot!

I thought i read that on ask, obviously i didn't remember correctly.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
This would be better if there were no instrumentals. The lack of vocals ruins the style.
I don't want to hear periphery without vocals.

;)

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
So the night starts off real easy. We pick up two 24 packs, head back to the house and get down on the Metal Gear Solid legacy collection. I watch my friend slowly lose his patience and ragequit MGS3 after about an hour of me narrating the lives of all the patrol guards while he kept getting owned by the same stairs for like 20 minutes.

In between songs, I change his player to Feed the Ground, and as soon as the drums start, he comes out of the ragey haze like "wh...what?" and his head perks up and looks at me and I'm just like "yeah f*cker wait for it." Then the meaty chug kicks in and he's like "dude yes who the .... is this" (sorry nolly, his bass speakers are sackfilth so he never even knew you existed).

He still ragequit and went back to 4 (never made it past the stairs, just kept accidentally jumping into alerts after he picked up the first shotty and eventually got so mad it was awkward), but the conversion is complete. He listened to all of Clear (he doesn't really understand syncopation, but as soon as I said the word groove, he understood) and then I and II (cherry-picked, he's only mildly a fan of the s'creamy screams, which made Ragnarok hilarious)(using too many parentheses here man).

now that I have your attention, I would like to both formally EITHER an autographed t-shirt (I'll pay man, just sign that shit with obscure words of wisdom!) or an orchestral periphery cover of the following song

to be clear (haha puns), I would much prefer the orchestral cover over the shirt. and so would everyone else, as will likely be demonstrated by the record breaking likes this post will surely receive.

or at the very least, f*cking force Spencer to listen to the song on repeat nonstop until he is the true heir of bonnie tyler's godlike rasp vibrato. seriously, @3:48/3:49, she may as well be smoking a cigarette while she's singing it...how do you even rasp that hard? and motherf*cking trumpets man, more trumpets

HighPotency

Reaction score
This butthurt about the EP being posted on Youtube is cute.

Max Youtube audio quality is like 185 kb/s- you'll never get 320 kb/s music from Youtube.

zhangshred

Reaction score
Haven't stopped listening to this since they put up the stream :hbang:

I've spent the last few hours trying to figure out Nick's solo in Parade of Ashes and ended up recording an attempt at it, hopefully I did it somewhat proud!

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Zero and Pale Aura are my favorites.
Though I'm digging the massive Slipknot influence of Matt's track. I was a maggot for a period in my early teens.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Summer Jam makes me feel happy :wub:, been on replay all day
Mrak track is awesome too!, loving the intensity of the outro
gotta listen the rest with more attention