Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

New Age Moron

Reaction score
Clear is great! It's very interesting to hear each member have room to individually spread their creative wings, and I enjoy it a great deal. I've listened to it at least a couple of times a day since it was uploaded, and it gets better each time.

Zero and The Summer Jam are particularly good, and Pale Aura is just wonderful.
Feed The Ground and The Parade Of Ashes are fun too, more Spencer-oriented, and the level of vocal articulation he's putting into each note is fantastic.
Extraneous is heavy as hell, and it's good to hear Nolly's take on the Periphery sound.

Overall, Clear makes me even more excited for Juggernaut, which I suppose is the intended effect. The level of talent is ridiculous in this band, all six of 'em, and I can't wait to see what they come out with next as a collective.

I'll be a first week buyer, although we're talking about Periphery, so that goes without saying. I can't wait for the Clear CD to arrive so I can experience it in its full uncompressed glory.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Awhatup Clear!
clear.jpg

CMDistro delivering like a boss :agreed:

And here on one of my display shelves with I, II, and one of Matt's sticks I caught :D :
collection.jpg

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Last night I had a dream where I was a a Periphery show, caught misha messing up, looked and pointed at him laughing, he saw me, laughed, and then threw his pick at me, gave me the devil horns, and kept playing.
Frak yes.

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
Last night I had a dream where I was a a Periphery show, caught misha messing up, looked and pointed at him laughing, he saw me, laughed, and then threw his pick at me, gave me the devil horns, and kept playing.
Frak yes.

Ah, yes. The prog-snob wet dream. I have the same, but it's Petrucci and he's wearing that bear costume Miley Cyrus wore to that MTV thing. But I caught that f***ing pick!

ETA: I just got back from the Dream Theater show and I could not get the image of that stupid bear costume out of my head the whole damn show.

AreG7

Reaction score
Clear turned out really great, it's interesting to see how everyone in the band has his own way to write music. I learned 'Zero' by ear, it's really fun to play!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Damnit, I didn't get my preorder yet :( Instead, I got an email from the record store saying they haven't received it yet and will ship it as soon as it arrives ... Luckily it's on youtube so I got to hear it at least.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Finally got my preorder today, still jamming out to these tunes like they're brand freaking new!

Also, I'm surprised no one's called out Misha on Zero, copying Chimp Spanner like a djentbabby.

(Love you Misha <3)

TDR

Reaction score
Made the mistake of ordering through Merch Connection after I said I never would again.

Ordered and paid on the 16th, still haven't received any shipping details

Good times _b

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
^ Ordered on the 12th of December, still haven't received any shipping info either. Considering SlunkDragon is in Michigan and got his before the official album release date, I'm hoping the pre-orders start arriving in the next day or two at least. :lol:

Khoi

Reaction score
I decided to purchase it on iTunes this time around, and I'm pretty bummed that it's only 256 kbps. Is there any way to download a lossless version on iTunes?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^ That's the worst downside to downloading off of iTunes. I don't think there is much option other than buying the CD and ripping it yourself, I don't mind the slight difference enough for it to bother me.

shpence

Reaction score
I decided to purchase it on iTunes this time around, and I'm pretty bummed that it's only 256 kbps. Is there any way to download a lossless version on iTunes?

Yeah, I wasn't happy about that either but I chose that route rather than waiting however-long for the CD if I pre-ordered it. Looks like I'll be ordering online now. Whatever, helping first week sales!

Xplozive

Reaction score
I got my copy from a jb hi fi in sydney, was only $14 :) im meeting them on saturday so i plan on getting the guys to sign it for me :D

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
Finally got the chance to listen to Clear. Personally, I like what the band did here. I think I remember seeing a video when Misha said that this release is each member's take on what the band should sound like or something like that. Either way great release guys.

Also: Dat beef in Nolly's track.