Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
I've found I digest albums best if I break them up into sections. Wildfire, Zagreus, Atropos, and Everything is Fine are sort of what I've chosen first.

Everything is Fine is hitting me on a personal level SUPER perfect. I've been going hard on Spite's latest album and Fit For an Autopsy for a couple months now and that kind of aggressive music is what's vibing with me ATM, so to get a just, overly aggressive periphery song that , to me, goes back to the type of thing Zyglrox did. Church Burner definitely explored it, but this is just an all out, in that type of sound the whole time and I love it. They always seem to have a song on the album that hits with what I'm vibing with when they release new material.

Probably take me a couple weeks to full digest. They went in a very proggy route imo and it's gonna take some listens to see how everything works.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Dracul Gras is potentially the best song Periphery has ever made.

I don't say that lightly. @bulb you guys killed it.

Wax Wings, Dying Star, Everything is Fine! and Thanks Nobou are all insane as well.

Wildfire was already a banger when it was first released with its Thordendal-esque solo.

Dare I say this is my favorite Periphery album? Or at least tied with PII?

Least favorite track: Zagreus (yes, even less than Silhouette). I love the Four Lights callback but something about the central bendy motif and solo doesn't click for me.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Much much much prefer it to Periphery IV.

Up there with my favourite things the band has ever released. P1, P3 and this would be my top 3.

Sihouette and Thanks Nobuo are the stand outs for me so far. So good. Nice touch paying homage with the track name too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Btw, is this the first album without any Bulb/Haunted Shores stuff? Because I really can't find anything. Kinda bummer to be honest. But then on the other hand, I guess that source was tapped out with the solo album. Although, I still would like to see Beyond fleshed into a full song. That song fucking crushes and would work really well with this modern style.

syzygy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Btw, is this the first album without any Bulb/Haunted Shores stuff? Because I really can't find anything. Kinda bummer to be honest. But then on the other hand, I guess that source was tapped out with the solo album. Although, I still would like to see Beyond fleshed into a full song. That song fucking crushes and would work really well with this modern style.
The main riff in Dracula Gras is a Bulb demo; look up "MF and RG Test" (or the ".heavy." demo Misha did for GGD).

Digging the album so far, still need to give the latter half more listens but as of right now my favorites that aren't the three singles are Silhouette and Dying Star. Not what I expected from the album but I've been on a huge synth wave kick recently and this album has way more of it than I expected.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I listened to a few more songs tonight and Everything is Fine fucking suh-laaaaaps. My new favorite heavy Periphery song.

Silhouette is up there for favorite song on the album. I was not expecting anything like that, the song is awesome and the vocal production is sick.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Welp, the bandcamp page still says preorder, and after buying it I still can only get the first two tracks.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Great album with many interesting twists, and a very natural progression from IV. If you’re into Periphery, you’re going to love this. If your not, this isn’t going to change your mind.

Fat vampire is certainly a highlight here!

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Apparently it now has been released on Bandcamp. In case any other old people like myself actually want to spend money on it and refuse to use Spotify and the like.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I listened to a few more songs tonight and Everything is Fine fucking suh-laaaaaps. My new favorite heavy Periphery song.

Silhouette is up there for favorite song on the album. I was not expecting anything like that, the song is awesome and the vocal production is sick.

Goddamn, you were NOT wrong about Everything Is Fine. Aside from the singles that’s the only one I’ve fully listened through thus far and Jesus Christ. That song is crushing.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I've only listened to songs here and there so far and it's sounded great. Gunna listen all the way through today with some headphones. It's dangerous to listen to on the way to work or at work because it makes me want to pick up a guitar so badly.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really enjoying this one. The high note Spencer hits in Wax Wings is extraordinary. I was on the bus when I heard it, and I think my jaw actually dropped.

Avedas

Reaction score
Yo this shit is good. Very fresh and inspired, I'm certainly having fun with it listening.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
If PIV and PV had a baby and it looked like this;

1. Reptile
2. Blood Eagle
3. Wax Wings
4. It's Only Smiles
5. Silhouette
6. Dying Star
7. Zagreus
8. Sentient Glow
9. Satellites

Then that album would be up there with PIII on shared 3rd place. Both PIV and PV just have too much filler to work on their own. :2c:

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
I don't know why but this new release somehow influenced me to go back and listen to Juggernaut again. Such a masterpiece.