Pet Peeves/Irritants/Agitations

• Thread starter PunkBillCarson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
I have a manager that does this constantly and it's been so peaceful the past few weeks as they're out on a LOA.

Similarly, coworkers who complain constantly about never having enough time to get anything done and proceed to take breaks every ten minutes or just stand the fuck around (and/or in the way) while everyone else gets shit done. [Sidebar: In my experience, cigarette smokers are some of the laziest, most time wasting people on the planet. And it's only worse when they're in management.]

People who think that just because they've be alive longer than you automatically makes them smarter than you on any given subject regardless of their experience with it. And they tend to be the same people who claim "[X] doesn't actually mean [X]". I once had a guy vehemently proclaim that sixteen on center doesn't actually mean that you put the center of a stud on sixteen inches. I couldn't walk away fast enough.

People who stand over you while your writing/typing as if it's any of their goddamn business. Especially when I'm on lunch.

My God, yes on the typing part.

Another pet peeve of mine... I don't know if I have resting asshole face or I just look depressed by default, but most of the time, even when I'm perfectly fine and content, people asking if I'm alright. Well, I was until you were the millionth to ask me that question. Or I'll be staring off into space, clearly in thought, and I do this quite often, and someone will snap me out of it. Most of the time, it's me thinking about what I'm going to do tomorrow or when I get home or thinking about a video game or music or something. I hate being interrupted when I'm thinking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My God, yes on the typing part.

Another pet peeve of mine... I don't know if I have resting asshole face or I just look depressed by default, but most of the time, even when I'm perfectly fine and content, people asking if I'm alright. Well, I was until you were the millionth to ask me that question. Or I'll be staring off into space, clearly in thought, and I do this quite often, and someone will snap me out of it. Most of the time, it's me thinking about what I'm going to do tomorrow or when I get home or thinking about a video game or music or something. I hate being interrupted when I'm thinking.
100%

I always have people asking me if im ok....telling me I have this blank stare on my face. Whats worse is that among my black and latino co-workers, they joke like "yo this white boy look like he about to shoot this bitch up!" And I dont find it funny because I know they are only semi-joking.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
I hate when I want to say something either in person or online, I always end up backtracking what I want to say or I constantly lose my train of thought at constant times.

It's worse when I'm talking to someone and I end up making the conversation awkward because I start forgetting what I'm trying to say and I also start stammering and stuttering as well.

Probably doesn't help that I also end up thinking way to much about what I want to say.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hate when I want to say something either in person or online, I always end up backtracking what I want to say or I constantly lose my train of thought at constant times.

It's worse when I'm talking to someone and I end up making the conversation awkward because I start forgetting what I'm trying to say and I also start stammering and stuttering as well.

Probably doesn't help that I also end up thinking way to much about what I want to say.
Do you get nervous? Or do you find yourself always needing to back up farther in your story to give some background context when you start to say something, and in doing that maybe it comes off as coherent?

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Do you get nervous? Or do you find yourself always needing to back up farther in your story to give some background context when you start to say something, and in doing that maybe it comes off as coherent?
Both but for the most part, it's me being nervous. I'm also a generally shy person in real life as well so I think that adds to my nervousness as well.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Both but for the most part, it's me being nervous. I'm also a generally shy person in real life as well so I think that adds to my nervousness as well.
I feel you!

Something that irritates the hell out of me is when I'm driving and no one is in front of me or behind me as far as I can see. As soon as I turn to drive down a street I got somebody right on my ass......like where the fuck did you come from?!

Ebony

Signal purist
Reaction score
Keep the fucking orange peel out of my WEISSBIER!!!! It's come to the point now where I can almost only drink weissbier based on pre-18th century fundamentalist monk recipes. Nothing else is 100% safe from those damn lemon rinds. Gotta have that franciscan connection.

IGC

Reaction score
I peeve out when people make food with like raisins or little chocolate chips in it, some of those little raisins or chocolate chips end up on the floor, and they mash into my sock or the rug when I step on them!:pissed:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I peeve out when people make food with like raisins or little chocolate chips in it, some of those little raisins or chocolate chips end up on the floor, and they mash into my sock or the rug when I step on them!:pissed:

In my nearly 40 years of life, this has happened to me zero times. One of us is doing something wrong with our lives. :lol: do I just not find myself in enough situations were I'm eating chocolate chips or raisins?

IGC

Reaction score
In my nearly 40 years of life, this has happened to me zero times. One of us is doing something wrong with our lives. :lol: do I just not find myself in enough situations were I'm eating chocolate chips or raisins?

You never know who might be in the same boat, so I just put it out there. Nothing too intense, kind of a funny too, but seriously in my life this is real! Oh those damn little chocolate chips and raisins!:mk:

Adieu

Reaction score

That ain't it.

You have TWO issues:

1) a major cockroach infestation
2) need a new optometrist, ASAP

IGC

Reaction score
:D
That ain't it.

You have TWO issues:

1) a major cockroach infestation
2) need a new optometrist, ASAP

No, definitely rasins and even more certain chocolate chips. I know the person uses them in her daily meals.:D

Last edited:

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"We're gonna strip everything down and go back to our roots with our next album"..........said every band ever. Just stop it already. It hardly ever resembles your early works!

Family feud: host asks simple question that usually requires an obvious answer; person gives the dumbest answer ever that's not even close; someone in their family shouts "Thats a good answer! That's up there"! It doesnt agitate me so much but it is cringey

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Family feud: host asks simple question that usually requires an obvious answer; person gives the dumbest answer ever that's not even close

And ol' Steve Harvey gives you the classic
d824db8bf3e590518d67f80f4295e24f

Status
Not open for further replies.