Evan Rubinson running Dean Guitars into the ground

• Thread starter ClownShoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

This is one of my favorite Dean V’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score

I'm actually looking for one but won't import from the US. There's a good chance a japanese fan will cave in and pay the stupid asked price.

manu80

Reaction score
Really digging the natural V and Z showed at namm. In line headstock would be better looking but dean heddtock is part of the history so ok tll

Reaction score
So the new Select series now has jumbo stainless steel frets, Luminlay side dots, Graphtech TUSQ nuts, Grover 18:1 tuners and Babicz bridges.

Well now..lemme g'on head and tell my GC rep to hook me up

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So the new Select series now has jumbo stainless steel frets, Luminlay side dots, Graphtech TUSQ nuts, Grover 18:1 tuners and Babicz bridges.

Well now..lemme g'on head and tell my GC rep to hook me up
I smell Cort Indonesia. And I say that as a compliment, given the quality the dish out nowadays.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
So Axe Palace just got in a USA Slime and this one didn’t have Dime’s signature anywhere on it. Up until this point, the USA Dimes that dealers have been receiving from their order backlogs all still had the Dime name on them (My USA stealth came in ~August and had it). I still have one USA Dime pending delivery from Chondro…I hope it has the name.

sneerim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So Axe Palace just got in a USA Slime and this one didn’t have Dime’s signature anywhere on it. Up until this point, the USA Dimes that dealers have been receiving from their order backlogs all still had the Dime name on them (My USA stealth came in ~August and had it). I still have one USA Dime pending delivery from Chondro…I hope it has the name.
Chondro got a couple in last week that had the sig…

MetalManCPA

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I liked it so much, it (that exact one) now sits in the other room. I had my eye on this guitar the first time I saw Miyako holding it. IT was built in 2020 though, not 2021. Miyako's was built in 2019.

Attachments

• 436117556_2568304340009064_1350616287254097926_n (1).jpg
    436117556_2568304340009064_1350616287254097926_n (1).jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 31

MetalManCPA

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm actually looking for one but won't import from the US. There's a good chance a japanese fan will cave in and pay the stupid asked price.
Well, I got the price down a little, but I paid as I wanted the USA model (knowing it would be a rare find a priced high).

Reaction score
Uuuuuuhhhhhmmmmmm.....so has anyone noticed that Dean is selling the Razorbacks and Stealths again just without Dime's name?

1714812516692.png

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Strange. I mean that they release MLs is consequential since it's a classic Dean shape. Not sure about the Stealth, but the Razorback is a shape created by Dimebag and I thought that shape belongs to the Dime Estate.

Reaction score
Strange. I mean that they release MLs is consequential since it's a classic Dean shape. Not sure about the Stealth, but the Razorback is a shape created by Dimebag and I thought that shape belongs to the Dime Estate.
I'm wondering if they won the lawsuit or something. It's highly unlikely they just decided to sell guitars that they can't legally

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they won the lawsuit or something. It's highly unlikely they just decided to sell guitars that they can't legally

Stuff like this takes some time, there are appeals and hearings etc., probably hedging that they can clear more cash between then and now to make it worth it, especially if the orders were already in.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
About that Dean & Dime shituation, from 7:30

I don't see it as critical as Ola. I'd even buy that slime and brazilia MLs once they are available here in Germany. Once that happens it will be the easiest and cheapest way to get a proper Dime guitar (with a few mods). Dean Zelisnky and Rita a big with announcing and teasing Dime Guitarz but I doubt there is something happening in the near future. The website ist just on "coming soon..." for like 5 months now and every guitar Dean Zelinsky teased so far look like some really pricey US models.

manu80

Reaction score
+1
yeah, no worse than the Hammett gibson LP which is just the use of a name, Gibson sells SG without Angus name on it. Dean can sell Slime ML without dime signature, not a big deal...
Ola could be also critical about the Pantera tribute tour ....

Latest posts