Pickups don't matter?

• Thread starter Guitarjon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
If you have tin ears, then nothing matters. And being a musician isn't for you, anyway.

The best way to appreciate the differences between pickups is playing them through a real tube amp with real speakers.

randomas

Reaction score
Pffft, my hearing is burned out from over 20 years of metal concerts... I can't hear shit, I can barely tell the differences between clean tones. But I do find it reassuring to blame my shit playing and results on my gear!😜

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
If you have tin ears, then nothing matters. And being a musician isn't for you, anyway.

The best way to appreciate the differences between pickups is playing them through a real tube amp with real speakers.
...please tell me you're joking...

fetchimage

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Pickups don't matter cuz everyone has "perfect clarity, amazing string separation, tight low end and singing yet not piercing highs".

Did I mention my new signature pickup? It's completely revolutionary, it has "perfect clarity, amazing string separation, tight low end and singing yet not piercing highs".

sevenfoxes

Reaction score
Do you guys believe the majority of people who watch these videos believe him? Or do most of the viewers know better?
After reading a lot of the comments in that particular video, it seems like a lot of people just take his work for it. Makes me cringe.

The problem is that society has gotten to a point where a large social media following is far more important than truth, education, personal experience, and critical thinking.

After all, someone with a lot of subscribers must be the most credible source of information, right?

Again, makes me cringe.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
After reading a lot of the comments in that particular video, it seems like a lot of people just take his work for it. Makes me cringe.

The problem is that society has gotten to a point where a large social media following is far more important than truth, education, personal experience, and critical thinking.

After all, someone with a lot of subscribers must be the most credible source of information, right?

Again, makes me cringe.

Good points! It's not just about screaming to get attention, it's about education (as well as entertaining of course) and letting people explore tones for themselves and think for themselves. I like that, cheers!

Reaction score
They’re the idiots.
The key to happiness is never to argue with idiots...

... nevertheless, there's a button near the reply one that reads "+Quote". Click it on every post you want to quote and then on the writing box click the "quote posts" button near the "add files" one. You are now replying to different posts in one go. It also works to hit the reply, copy the quoted text and editing your previous post, but you have a 60 minutes range to do it since it was first posted. Don't forget to clear the "replied" text box after.

Reaction score
He's an old troll, but he has his points every now and then. I tested it myself and yes, for the context I care about pickups don't matter. Sure I have my personal favorites but I certainly wouldn't claim them to be important to the sound of my music. Hell, unless I have guitar tracks specifically labeled as to which guitar I used I can't tell, nor do I remember, which guitar I even used

sevenfoxes

Reaction score
The key to happiness is never to argue with idiots...
Talking about idiots and arguing with idiots are two different things.

Nevertheless…
... nevertheless, there's a button near the reply one that reads "+Quote". Click it on every post you want to quote and then on the writing box click the "quote posts" button near the "add files" one. You are now replying to different posts in one go. It also works to hit the reply, copy the quoted text and editing your previous post, but you have a 60 minutes range to do it since it was first posted. Don't forget to clear the "replied" text box after.
…thanks for the tip. ;)

Latest posts