Pickups for LOW TUNINGS. Drop G, F#, E

Jayd41

Reaction score
try the Lace Drop and Gains. They are made for drop tunings. They articulate as you drop your tuning down without any degregation in your note (s). Added bonus; passive no batteries needed.

I had a set of these in my baritone that I tuned down to A and it sounded incredible.
Unfortunately these people are looking for 7 string pickups and Lace only makes 6 string Drop and Gains.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guy in latvia

Reaction score
As much as I've heard about black dogs being great. I've seen very very small amounts of people buying them. Makes me wonder if anyone has bought them :lol:

I own Black Dogs, but I would not recommend them for bright guitars. But they are as good as advertised, super tight, fat and awesome for low tunings!

chopeth85

Reaction score
Hey it's Josh again, i'm trying to find the perfect pickups to fit my Schecter c-7.
I play very low tunings such as the ones above (G,F#,E)
And i've been thinking to myself that my pickups need replaced, they're too muddy sounding. What pickups do you assure will fit these tunings, and also sound clear and bright, with a nice low end, rather than a muddy sounding piece of crap.
I was thinking maybe a DiMarzio Evo 7(Bridge) and a DiMarzio Blaze 7(Neck).

Please help!!

i think the problem is the guitar wood...very low tunning and maoghany...in any case, miracle man or aftermath fits well in that situation. I prefer miracle man tone and low end.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
As much as I've heard about black dogs being great. I've seen very very small amounts of people buying them. Makes me wonder if anyone has bought them :lol:

I bought a set for my PRS baritone, but I have yet to play them, as I've been waiting months for it to be refinished.

TTWC Ben

Reaction score
Someone above mentioned trying EMG 81-7's. I used to tune to F with a set of those and there was little clarity and it just generally sounded muddy as hell, steer clear!

I can voucher for both the D Activator and the Aftermath, both are great with low tunings!

Hemorrhage

Reaction score
Hey it's Josh again, i'm trying to find the perfect pickups to fit my Schecter c-7.
I play very low tunings such as the ones above (G,F#,E)
And i've been thinking to myself that my pickups need replaced, they're too muddy sounding. What pickups do you assure will fit these tunings, and also sound clear and bright, with a nice low end, rather than a muddy sounding piece of crap.
I was thinking maybe a DiMarzio Evo 7(Bridge) and a DiMarzio Blaze 7(Neck).

Please help!!

Lundgren M7 definitely. Very good for low tunings, available both in normal and EMG size. If i do not remember wrong, C-7 uses the EMG's?

Got m7's on my Amfisound baritone 7 and they are amazing if not brilliant. They are a bit expensive when compared to the other but worth every dime.