Planet Zoo

• Thread starter VibTDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VibTDog

who farted?
Reaction score
I'm looking to see if anyone can recommend a computer or recommend computer parts to build a gaming computer for Planet Zoo. Any information I google brings me to a reddit thread from 2019. The last gaming computer I built was in 2002 so I'm out of touch with this sort of thing. Thank you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Werecow

Reaction score
There's a severe graphics card shortage at the moment, with prices up to 3x the MSRP being charged (if you can even find a single card in stock). So it's not the best time to be building one.

If you still want to go ahead, look up the recommended specs on the Steam page and start planning your system from there.
CPU-wise, something like the I5-10600K looks to be good bang per buck at the moment. Then look up compatible motherboards for the CPU you choose (so a Z490 chipset for that 10600K for example), look up some reviews, and decide how much you want to spend on the motherboard.
Go for 16GB RAM, as 8GB is starting to show performance problems in some games.

Prices and availability are all over the place for all PC parts, like a lot of industries post covid.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
The horrible state of the video card market makes it hard to recommend building a PC at all right now haha, but if you are able to snag a decent GPU, I agree that the 10th gen Intel stuff is a good deal right now with price to performance in mind.

VibTDog

who farted?
Reaction score
wow ok I didnt even know there was a shortage going on

Werecow

Reaction score
wow ok I didnt even know there was a shortage going on
It's been such a bad shortage that till this week i haven't seen a single Nvidia card in stock for more than 6 months at the two online stores i usually buy from. There's just a few popping up the last week, at really stupid prices.

VibTDog

who farted?
Reaction score
Damn, that's a real bummer. I wanted to build a new computer for my girlfriend and I. I didn't even realize gpu's were in disarray.

Latest posts