Played a Stick Thursday night...

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
As Rich told me on the phone, "Some Moron put this Performance neck on it".:lol:
I guess he said it was done back in '93.

I, myself would of at least got a 24 fret neck but then again, it would HAVE to be the original neck even if it would take me years to find one.

yeah, whoever put that neck on there needs to be smacked. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Flobanez said:
yeah, whoever put that neck on there needs to be smacked. :agreed:

dude. Smacking is not metal. Deem false, cancel, and flex at him. ;)

Seriously, that's just begging to be a custom 7-string project. Maybe shoot the guys at warmoth a line, see if you could use a 22-fret 25.5" neck with one of their S 7-string bodies...

-D

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I almost forgot-lol
I'll check into it. I love sabers, especially the 5407s.
Maybe, I could get a H-S-H body made....I'll check into it.:)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If you order it without a bridge route, you should be able to have it positioned exactly where you need to in order to match the neck's scale length.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Dude. Custom 22-fret project guitar. Hit up EKG for a body - it's two guitars for the price of 1 1/2. :agreed:

C'mon Drew, you're not telling me you didn't realize that this would be the perfect neck for a 7-string Strat project are you? C'mon, it's 22-frets, all you need is some sweet single-coils, a vintage trem or hardtail bridge, pickguard, knobs, wires, jack, and a custom body.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
darren said:
If you order it without a bridge route, you should be able to have it positioned exactly where you need to in order to match the neck's scale length.

The hugest, hugest disappointment ever was finding out Warmoth's 7 string necks were 25" scale. WTF were they thinking? If they were at least 25.5" I'd have gotten one in the frist place and not even bothered with Carvin at all. I like bolt-ons, and I like Warmoth stuff.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
C'mon Drew, you're not telling me you didn't realize that this would be the perfect neck for a 7-string Strat project are you? C'mon, it's 22-frets, all you need is some sweet single-coils, a vintage trem or hardtail bridge, pickguard, knobs, wires, jack, and a custom body.

Exactly :agreed:

I actually spoke to a Warmoth rep on this - they've got Ibanez and Jackson replacement necks in the works, but no plans for a 25.5" seven, as the demand for seven strings isn't enough to justify the R&D costs.

Which strikes me as a catch-22 - none of us are buying Warmoth sevens because they don't offer a 25.5" neck, and they aren't adding a 25.5" neck because no one's buying their seven strings. :lol:

Basically, if we want to see this happen, we just have to keep asking, so they realize there's demand - my 6-string strat project would have been a LITTLE expensive for a sixer, for me, but for a seven string custom project at about the same price, it'd have been totally worth it. :agreed:

I gave the guy the forum link - maybe he'll drop by.

-Drew