Playstation 4 Thread

• Thread starter Don Vito
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
Yes, but this is 3rd party, not Microsoft, and the game has always been cross-platform before this release. All of Sony's exclusives are made in house or by companies Sony owns basically. While I have no proof I have a feeling this is a lot more like a GTA style exclusive where it will eventually makes its way to all the platforms (wishful thinking perhaps). Unless Microsoft intends on buying out Square-Enix I don't see this staying an exclusive forever. Then again, considering it has to go head-to-head against the Uncharted franchise maybe they felt it was necessary. They apparently haven't been meeting projections, albeit they were highly unrealistic, but that could be the why factor. In the long run it is in their favor to release cross-platform though for the increased sales and they obviously have some leverage otherwise Microsoft would have never made the deal in the first place.

Aside from the game, it was kind of a waste of money for Microsoft. They really should be pumping money into something new and/or something more successful on the Microsoft platform. People like Tomb Raider, but I honestly don't think anyone likes it enough to buy an XBOX for it, unless they were on the fence in the first place. From what I'm reading, Tomb Raider sold 7:3 in favor of Sony on its last release, that's a lot of lost sales. If I already owned a PS4 there is no way in hell I'd waste the money on an XBONE, or vice versa, so I really don't see the point.

ceiling_fan

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind a few more friends on PSN - my username is ceiling_fan

Also I have 86 platinum trophies which means my E-penis is 5 feet long :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Lame that I have to wait to play the new Tomb Raider on PS4 considering how awesome the recent game turned out to be, but at least its only timed. Still, dick move Microsoft....

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Yes, I am lame! And at long last I bought a PS4 this past week.

The Last of Us is my first PS4 purchase. So far so good, although I expected slightly more from a PS4 game graphic-wise. Then again, I will give it a pass knowing it is supposedly just a "remastered" version.

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
Cool thread, loving BF4 and some Wolfenstein at the moment. But when destiny comes I'm sure that will change.

could do with some more pals on there PSN: Norfolkshire

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Just got my PSN up, been playing a lot of destiny and last of us.

Hit me up: Cloudayo

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I've been playing this shit out of Diablo 3, I bought destiny, but I'm just now only starting to play it.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Finally got my PSN set up now that we switched from Comcast to RCN. I haven't started using it yet but if you feel inclined to add me for what few games I do/will have, my PSN is NotExbend4ble. Surprisingly all my regular user names were taken, which is odd since they were available on XBL when I signed up for that before - and they're fairly unique names.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
The only thing I want to play on PS4 is Warframe, which is even free.
The machine is amazing, but there's no game I REALLY crave to play.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I am holding out until Bloodborne comes out which just looks like the most phenomenal game to have ever be created, ever. That's February so ill just get that, MGSV and the last of us re-release I was a 360 chump so I never actually played through it myself.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Finally got my PSN set up now that we switched from Comcast to RCN. I haven't started using it yet but if you feel inclined to add me for what few games I do/will have, my PSN is NotExbend4ble. Surprisingly all my regular user names were taken, which is odd since they were available on XBL when I signed up for that before - and they're fairly unique names.

There's no 2nd b in MFB's PSN, it's NotExbend4le. Sent you a req, btw.

My PSN is Sicarius23 for those Diablo III players. I'd like to play Destiny with folks, too, because I don't want to grind that out alone.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Aw man, I didn't even realize I fvcked up the spelling of my own gamer-tag :( I wonder if I can change it on PSN to have the second B that's missing.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
You can ask, but I don't think so. You may end up having to create another PSN account?

RickSchneider

Reaction score
For anyone interested in all things Playstation subscribe to podcast Beyond on itunes - they're super informative about what's going on with playstation/games at large, and in the past 3 or so weeks they started a segment called "worst playstation name of the week". I say this mostly to tell you that right now there is no way to change your PSN name, though atleast your mistake is less minor than the names being sent into them, I think the last one they had was "sw34tyb4lls4c"