Playstation 4 Thread

• Thread starter Don Vito
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Got a PS4 a month ago. Add me on PSN: killerapandabear

I'm playing a lot of Destiny and Warframe right now, could always use cool people to play with.

yuvioh

The G.A.S. is real..
Reaction score
if anyone is down for some ps4, add me: yuvioh24. I'm currently playing destiny, got a hunter at 29. I also play diablo3 when I'm not grinding on destiny.

mongey

Reaction score
I overdosed on diablo 3 and have gone back to wolfenstein which I never finished. Its a good game but I'm over the "housekeeping" missions in the bunker. got get your own peice of moldy conctete fool

whoops thought this was what game you playing

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone playing Evil Within? I've done the first two "chapters" and so far it's like RE4 controls with MGS's idea of being an interactive movie - with clunkier story-telling. The dialogue sounds really forced in the beginning and it feels like it's trying too hard to be mysterious.

I feel like I've also already figured out the plot-line but I won't say what I think it is in case it's correct

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I agree, Evil Within is somewhat awkward and clunky and plays very much like RE4. Which is still fun so far, just not a huge "next/current gen" leap forward that I would have hoped for. Visually it looks like a xbox 360/ps3 game, certainly isn't as pretty as Alien and Infamous which I am also playing currently.

Wait till u get to mission 3 (I believe it is) in Evil Within,,total RE4 village level complete with a chainsaw guy ...just at night time. heh

Reaction score
002_zps2c0a913e.jpg

After months of saying I'd get the damn thing I finally did. I was thinking of getting a 2TB laptop drive aswell but I figure that I'll get it when I've filled the drive it came with. I'd bought Killzone and inFamous a few months ago on ebay, got Injustice a couple weeks ago in the holiday dump bin and bought Mordor and Black Flag with the gift card I got for buying the PS4. I was surprised Mordor was only $25 as it was newer than most of the other games on sale.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Am playing The Last of Us Remastered on the Grounded Plus level... the Grounded level WAS tough as hell, and Plus is a little better with my guns already upgraded from my save... it is still kind of tough though. Fun game!

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Hey guys been considered switching over to PS4 and had a couple questions. Can I plug in an external harddrive to play videos or watch movies? Does PS4 have the ability to use an external HDD for game downloads as well like the Xbone? Does the PS4 have DLNA capabilities for streaming videos from a computer?

warpedsoul

Reaction score
Add me on PS4: ChrisMilenko

I'm in the process of playing The Last of Us, COD AW, GTA V online, then I'll be opening up Shadow of Mordor soon.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Despite making this thread, I still haven't bought a PS4. PC's have taken up most of my time, but I'm getting ready to throw in my master race card for another PS3. There are 2 exclusive games being released this year that have broken me entirely. One of them will be on both PS4 and 3, the other one is only on 3..:(

My frustration is with the cost of the PS3. Despite being 10 years old next year, they are still going for high amounts of money if you want want anything over the 12 GB system, which seems pointless as many games have to be installed to play. Where on the other hand, I find Wii's and even 360's in thrift stores all the time these days. A majority of those 360's are old ones with possible RROD though..

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
I beat The Last of Us about a week ago, and I must say, I REALLY enjoyed it. Wll put together story, gameplay that never gets dull, OUTSTANDING voice acting that makes the game pretty next-level. Looks great. Wonderful atmosphere, and interesting environments.
I was pretty impressed. Naughty Dog lives up to their reputation for crafting a great experience!

Now on my plate, I have The Evil Within and Lords of the Fallen. Both of which are pretty tough games! I'm sure to have a controller-smashing time with them. Wish me luck!

RickSchneider

Reaction score
I got through the Evil Within a few weeks back. On a gameplay level I really liked that game, though as the story progressed(?) and the game came to an end I couldn't help but feel unfulfilled. Oh well, glad to see they had already slated the DLC before even releasing the game!

I just played some of Infamous: First Light (The DLC for the main game, free this month for PS+!) and I'm really enjoying it. I needed a reason to play some more Infamous, and a whole new trophy set and a similar-but-different set of abilities seems to be enough!

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I beat The Last of Us about a week ago, and I must say, I REALLY enjoyed it. Wll put together story, gameplay that never gets dull, OUTSTANDING voice acting that makes the game pretty next-level. Looks great. Wonderful atmosphere, and interesting environments.
I was pretty impressed. Naughty Dog lives up to their reputation for crafting a great experience!

You need to go back and try The Last of Us on the Grounded mode! I beat it twice, and it must say that experience was INTENSE!! :cool:

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
Oh I've definitely been thinking about replaying it, and ramping up the difficulty!
Beat it on Normal first, and it was easy enough for me to have a great experience with the story.
Now I'm looking to get hardcore with it.

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Seeing as I had already played the last of us when it came out on PS3 I went straight into the remaster on survival difficulty, which was actually a lot of fun. I beat it on normal and plus, but I don't have much motivation to play through on grounded after that.

After all that I finally played Left Behind for the first time, only about a week ago! Great to have some new Last of Us content - if I wasn't so 'down' on DLC I would have definitely played it sooner

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
After all that I finally played Left Behind for the first time, only about a week ago! Great to have some new Last of Us content - if I wasn't so 'down' on DLC I would have definitely played it sooner

I finished the Left Behind DLC two days ago, and liked it a lot. It was great to see Ellie fleshed out like that. Had a good WTF moment that made me happy I could pick up the obvious signals being thrown in hahaha.
The arcade moment made me tear up for some reason.
The final push through the mall to get to Joel was really fun to play, and I think the *lure these infected to kill the hunters* moments were AWESOME.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Just got my PS4 last week (after getting rid of the X1) and cracked open The Last of Us this weekend. Awesome game so far! Forgot how much I enjoy a good single player game with an interesting story.

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
Just got my PS4 last week (after getting rid of the X1) and cracked open The Last of Us this weekend. Awesome game so far! Forgot how much I enjoy a good single player game with an interesting story.

I agree. I've been kinda stuck on Multiplayer for the past few years, and it was incredibly refreshing to actually finish a single player game. First notable one in awhile to be honest.
But you got rid of your Xbox One for a PS4? interesting. What made you decide to switch?

warpedsoul

Reaction score
Anyone wanna trade me a PS4 game for a like new copy of Watch Dogs for the PS4?

I'd really like to have Lords of the Fallen, but you can throw me an offer.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I agree. I've been kinda stuck on Multiplayer for the past few years, and it was incredibly refreshing to actually finish a single player game. First notable one in awhile to be honest.
But you got rid of your Xbox One for a PS4? interesting. What made you decide to switch?

Couple reasons actually. First let me say that my two favorite franchises are Halo and Uncharted. I haven't liked the path that halo has taken after Halo 3. Honestly, starting with ODST, I've felt like each Halo has been a step down. Fast forward to the MCC and when that was announced I knew I had to make the jump to next gen, so sold the PS3 and got the X1. I enjoyed replaying H1 and H2 campaigns in MCC (even though it was probably the 6th time I'd run through each and I'd just recently co-oped Halo 3 with my brother in law on his 360 and I had no desire to replay H4), but the Matchmaking has been absolutely miserable for MCC. 2 months was enough for me to give 343 to fix the issues. Part of the problem is that I'm lucky if I even have a solid hour to game (what with playing guitar, working out, and not to mention being a dad, having a career, wife, kids, house to take care of). So, when I sit down to play multiplayer and get in 1 match in 45 minutes of searching, I get really pissed! Haha! This happened multiple times whenever I had some time carved out to game and it's just flat out frustrating. Not to mention occasional games with lag (not my internet connection), dropped games for no reason, weekly 1 GB updates to download, hit detection issues in H2 and so on. And while the Halo 5 beta was okay....it's not great and doesn't fill me with any hopes that I would play that game more than a couple weeks when it comes out. So, when Halo is the only reason tying me to the Xbox and PS4 has multiple other exclusives I wanted, it was an easy decision.

I was lucky enough to find one last GTA5/Last of Us PS4 bundles at my local target and I'm having a blast so far and can't freakin' wait for Uncharted 4. Having owned both systems though now, it's interesting seeing some of the differences. For instances, it is absolutely night and day how much faster the OS is on the PS4 compared to the Xbox. While I do think the PS Store is cluttered and repeats the same menus/games too much, my goodness is it lightning fast and easy to navigate. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on my X1 for the achievements app to snap to the screen.....oh wait, it just crashed.......maybe I'll spend 10 minutes trying to get all my friends in a party on the X1......:mad:. I definitely made the right switch.

I should also mention, that keeping both wasn't really an option for me as my entertainment center only has room for 1 box and my wife is (somewhat) understanding of the video game hobby, but having another console just sitting out in the open with cables everywhere wasn't really an option. Doesn't bother me. Tough to justify a whole system for just 1 game.