PlayStation Now Vs PlayStation Plus.... fight!

Reaction score
Hey folks, I've been reading things here and there and am now in the know of the differences of both services, the real question is, IN YOUR OPINION/EXPERIENCE, which is better.

The "PlayStation Now" looks interesting for allowing to stream play games in the PC with the Dualshock 4 controllers, but it doesn't allow for multiplayer modes on games NOT in their Library, right?

The "PlayStation Plus" allows for all games with multiplayer modes to have internet access of such features and gives a couple of free games per month...

... so what say you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
I haven't tried PSnow, but based on how often Disney Plus has buffering errors, no way would I want games to be at the mercy of my ISP's random hiccups!

I think you can download games to your hard drive now though, so maybe that's moot.

I have a ton of games from PS plus and I also play multiplayer with friends once in a blue moon so I vote that. :p

Reaction score
I haven't tried PSnow, but based on how often Disney Plus has buffering errors, no way would I want games to be at the mercy of my ISP's random hiccups!

I think you can download games to your hard drive now though, so maybe that's moot.

I have a ton of games from PS plus and I also play multiplayer with friends once in a blue moon so I vote that. :p

Thank you very much for you reply. that's the kind of answer I was looking for.

Anyone favoring the PS Now service?

mongey

Reaction score
Ps plus is good enough. I don’t play allot on line at the moment. A few games of overwatch here and there and maybe a few sf5 games online when I’m feeling it. The free games are ok. I have played a few games I didn’t buy at the time.

I’ve heard mixed things about ps now , but haven’t tried it myself.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
They're kind of apples and oranges. Not really similar services. PS Plus gets me free games and online, PS Now is a streaming/download service. They're different. Normally I'd say it's the equivalent of comparing Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass, but I guess Microsoft merged those together now?

Also, grabbed a year of PS Now a few months ago when it was down to around $40 (and covid was just setting into the states so it seemed like I would be stuck inside for a while), I hardwire my PS4 to my modem and have 300 mbit speed. Very few issues when the games you can only stream (basically, PS3 games). Also grabbed it because it sounds like it will get more attention from Sony once the PS5 comes out.

Reaction score
@Ralyks thank you very much for your reply. I'm not decided yet, still gathering infos/opinions on this... and I've been intermittently at home, so it didn't make much sense to subscribe either of the services yet. Personally, I feel more tempted to the PLUS subscription, but I also feel I'll test both before...

Points update:
PS Plus - 2 points
PS Now - 1 points

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
@Ralyks thank you very much for your reply. I'm not decided yet, still gathering infos/opinions on this... and I've been intermittently at home, so it didn't make much sense to subscribe either of the services yet. Personally, I feel more tempted to the PLUS subscription, but I also feel I'll test both before...

Points update:
PS Plus - 2 points
PS Now - 1 points

If you're only getting one, get Plus. Not only do you get the free games and multiplayer, but when there's sales, you get BETTER sales if you have Plus. I have more games than I want to admit across 6 TBs and I've had to delete some, that how cheap games get sometimes.

feilong29

Reaction score
Not enough old games on PS Now that makes me want to acquire that service, but I use PS Plus all the time and it's awesome getting two, free game downloads per month. Even if you don't want the game, just add it to the library and it's yours forever. Sales are really good too. I can also see PS Now being bigger on PS5, but I'll give that a few years to even consider post-PS5 purchase.

Reaction score
PS Now is not a good value. I expect Sony to actually roll it in to PS Plus somehow in the same way Microsoft rolled Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass into Game Pass Ultimate because right now, Game Pass Ultimate is the best value for online gaming & netflix style gaming that you can get. Plus, when XCloud is rolled out to the public, it'll be part of Game Pass Ultimate. Sony can't compete with it right now so they're going to have to bite the bullet and stop overcharging for PS Now.

My Advice: Go with PS Plus right now and wait for Sony to get their heads out of their asses with PS Now and come up with a bundled subscription that combines the two.

wankerness

Reaction score
When the only games I want to play on Now tend to cost less than a month’s subscription you know there are problems with the Psnow pricing/return model. I guess if you owned no games and didn’t want to be a long-term ps4 owner it would be worth it.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
@odibrom smart move. I have PS+ for years now. I think I have a total of like 60 free games :lol:

Do your self a favor and buy an external HD if you haven't already. I bought an 8TB for like $70...I don't think I have a 1/4 of it filled!

Reaction score
I didn't know one could add an external hard drive to the playstation in order augment its storage... My play station is 1TByte and I'm not that much of a gamer, so so far it's far from being full...

Reaction score
I didn't know one could add an external hard drive to the playstation in order augment its storage... My play station is 1TByte and I'm not that much of a gamer, so so far it's far from being full...
My PS4 has had a 500gb HD in it since launch. I just delete games that I'm either not playing right now or don't plan on playing again/for a long while and don't mind redownloading/reinstalling later. Same ideology with my Xbox One S and One X which are both 1TB. I really don't understand the people who just keep their whole libraries of games installed on the drive.

wankerness

Reaction score
My PS4 has had a 500gb HD in it since launch. I just delete games that I'm either not playing right now or don't plan on playing again/for a long while and don't mind redownloading/reinstalling later. Same ideology with my Xbox One S and One X which are both 1TB. I really don't understand the people who just keep their whole libraries of games installed on the drive.

A lot of people have harsh data caps for their internet service, and thus repeatedly downloading huge games is not an option.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I really don't understand the people who just keep their whole libraries of games installed on the drive.

I can immediately play any of my games :coffee:

I bounce around all the time as for as games I play go.