Please cut that tag off your Levi's

• Thread starter MetalDaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I've seen a few people walking around like this lately, so I figured I would write a quick public service announcement: :lol:

Depending on which style you go for, the back will look like this:

dclassicjeans1.jpg

See that big appendage up by the waist? You need to chop that sucker off!!!!! When you are done, it should look like this:

levi-501-tag-authenticity.jpg

Now you've improved your coolness factor by at least 1 :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Really? Why wouldn't they take it off. It would be ridiculous to walk around with tags on.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
So your saying hipsters have now wen't from keeping the sticker on their hats to now leaving tags on their jeans?

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe they want to return them if they don't like them? You know, like a test drive? :shrug: I want to believe that people aren't that dumb and have some kind of reason behind it, really I do.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the paper tags in the first pic. I'm talking about the sewn in one up by the waist. Not sure that all have this, but the 501's have that extra piece on the right hand side.

My two recent encounters with this were middle aged guys with their shirts tucked in (which is how I saw it in the first place). Who knows how many are out there being covered up by shirts/jackets ;)

20111123-011608.jpg

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I've seen a few people walking around like this lately, so I figured I would write a quick public service announcement: :lol:

See that big appendage up by the waist? You need to chop that sucker off!!!!!

Way ahead of you boss, but it's pretty expensive and you kinda have to live as a girl full-time before you get the okay from a doctor.... ;)

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I have yet to see anybody that is enough of a douchebag to keep the tags on their levis yet. When I do I will make fun of them appropriately.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
one of those "I don't want to live in this world anymore" moments.

this is like the next generation of keeping the stickers on your new era fitted

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I just went on an extensive jean shopping adventure, and I've never seen those extended tabs in my life. :confused:

I'm wearing some new Levis right now actually and just checked for that stub lol

Azathoth43

ל ו ו י י ת ן
Reaction score
When I thought you were talking about the paper tags I kind of agreed with you. But if it's just that little bit on the end...come on is it even perforated. I honestly couldn't be bothered to cut off a tiny bit of tag.

I just don't jump on these bandwagons of making fun of how people dress. I have way more important things to do. It's like we all forgot that we got made fun of for how we dressed when we were young. And our mothers and fathers were criticized for the way they dressed. I think it's just a generational thing.

broj15

Reaction score
At first i thought you were talking about the paper tags as well and i was like "wtf, how do they wash them without the tag being destroyed?" but now that I see what your saying I'm not sure of what the issue is.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
My two recent encounters with this were middle aged guys with their shirts tucked in (which is how I saw it in the first place). Who knows how many are out there being covered up by shirts/jackets ;)

If these men you encountered were wearing tucked in shirts without a belt on their jeans, they deserve any and all the ridicule you see fit to bestow upon them for not having removed the tag. I honestly can't stand to tuck in my shirts unless I'm "dressing up" for a formal event or professional setting, and seeing people who do it without wearing a belt makes it even worse. I always think "there's something missing" when I see them...:scream:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Any time you choose to leave any kind of tag on an article of clothing, you are obviously craving attention and confirmation of how "cool" you are.

Jontain

Reaction score
I don't think I will ever understand fashion. From tags on jeans to wearing thick rimmed glasses with no lenses, it all just seems to be a pointless self gratifying exersize for those who spend their time worrying about what others think of them.

However its all subjective depending on what people precieve as cool, for some its image, for some its knowledge, some its wealth, some its ability etc etc