Plug That Shit! Current Projects:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Christopher said:
I'm sorry but am I the only one that got a chuckle out of Mr. Crowley and Worship? :lol:

Thats great. we're gonna do a song about a guy who called himself "The Great Beast" was proclaimed to be the evilest man alive and even has a system of tarot cards,etc,etc. Then Praise The Lord!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

peterchau

Heavy Metal Pirate
Reaction score
I'm a bedroom guitarest and right now im working on some glass prison.

I kinda have a band but the drummer doesnt have a job so he has to beg his parents for octobans, cymbels, a gong, and all the great drumming stuff. :lol:

kinda have vocalist,another guitarist,keyboard dude, and bassist. we all just quit our jobs so we cant get anymore gear(other guitarist wants a LGM or a 8stringer).

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fixing guitars for the day job, then trying to get Oni up and running every other waking moment. Finished template designs, waiting for pricing from the laser place, and waiting for wood to arrive. Trying to come up with a better single string bridge design too. The ABM is good but not perfect. Pointers, Kevan?? :lol:
I've been playing guitar a lot lately too, which is strange for me. New musical directions and inspirations I think. I'd like to make some music with a couple of guys I know but there's no time right now.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Christopher said:
What kind of thing are shooting for? Covers? Originals? Metal maybe?
anything, actually :lol:
i just want to play!

desertdweller said:
Guitar...Girlfriend...Family...Games/Sports...school...work :yesway:
good to see that you have your priorities straight ;)

jski7

Reaction score
I'm doing the 9-5 thing as well , STILL working on my new songs (I'm up to 22 total songs now) , still waiting on EKG to get my body to me so I can actually have a seven again and finish those songs , still dealing with the divorce :wallbash: , trying to put together a '90s rock cover band for fun , and generally bitching and moaning about eveything :rant: ! Good times . As far as my songs , right now I'm weeding through the shit , and trying to pick 10 or 12 to put on disc . The others will be demo'd and saved for the future . With my cover band project , I'm looking to do the standard "bar band" thing , playing Ratt , Motley Crue , Dokken , all that shit . I can't help it , I still like that stuff because it's fun to play ;) . Oh yeah , I'm also trying to coordinate my possible move to Louisiana as well , which hopefully will happen early next year , AFTER Mardi Gras of course (yes , they are still having Mardi Gras in 2006. It's official .) . Looks like I got alot of shit going on when I list it all !! Damn .

velocity

yes... i AM faster
Reaction score
hey! well, i am trying two finish two records:nono: one is 80's metal (i guess?) and the other is heavier prog metal (i think michael romeo pulled me to the dark side.lmao):bowdown: i also made the choice to build my own studio:scream2: so i don't have to worry about time. however i have had to resort to bfd (drum program) because i can't find a talented (and sane)drummer. i also play mr. mom to my two youngest kids.lol.(looking for work) oh, and for fun (lol) i am currently converting 3 of my rg 550's, my rg 565, and my rg 7620 to jems. REAL relaxing :scream: :wallbash:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see (in no particular order)...

Band:
We're preparing for a huge Halloween show we have coming up (on Halloween obviously :lol: ) and still writing new songs.

Solo:
Always writing and recording my own songs and working on improving myself (have ideas, but no time to work on them sometimes)

School:
Will be starting into working on Pro Tools HD and doing some recording soon. Handed our band's demo to GGGarth when he visited and talked to him for a bit about us.

Girlfriend:
Things are awesome, we spend time together whenever we can since we're both uber-busy. Her dad came to town recently (he lives in Vancouver) and it turns out he visits GGGarth's studio a lot and goes to his parties, knows him pretty well.

Family:
Hardly see them, my brother got a used pickup truck that he's fixing up with my dad, and my mom's doing a lot of shows (she's a Ventriloquist you perverts :lol:).

Sleep:
Happens rarely.

cadenhead

Get Some!
Reaction score
As for me, I work A LOT. It must be nice for some of you people to only work 8 hours a day. I can easily work 16 hours or more in one day. (any one need a job? that will cut my hours to around 10 per day)

That aside, I spend most of my time playing my new Halo guitar. I was in a band when I lived in Phoenix (tripnol aka sphaeromachia....). We decided to all move up to the northwest, but i'm the only one who made it.

Right now I'm a one man band. Just working on getting better.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to get my first god damn 7 string completed! I swear to god when it's done, I won't be surprised if I just say "fuck it" and sell it. The thing is pissing me off!! :mad:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been recording songs here and there....nothing special at the moment. Im trying to put out another cd at the moment. Im in no hurry though but at the same time Im dying to put out something new. :p

Padraig

Reaction score
What I'm up to in no particular order.

1- Making sure my girlfriend and baby are healthy and happy (The hardest project of all, its hard to please a woman but even harder when she's pregnant.).

2- Working really hard on the cd for Jason Becker. (In fact this takes most my time musically) sorting out problems and posting cd's. Plus there's money to be sorted etc...

3- Working on my cd, has really being put on the back burner but I have 5 completed songs thus far and getting through the others slowly.

4- Learning the whole Liquid Tension Experiment 1 cd for an upcoming gig happening at christmas. (Probably going to be terrible though.)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I'm jealous of all you fuckers. I have no band and no real possibilty of getting a band in the near future. I continuously was a member of several bands until just a little before I came to Japan (I was recently in a band with Bob (The Dark Wolf)). There is nothing here.

However, on November 5, I am playing a one-man show (guitar and vocals) for about 30 minutes at a Halloween Party where I was asked to play. I'm thinking of doing 2 originals, 2 covers, 2 instrumentals, and maybe a few other random songs.

Most of my time is taken up with job and friends. In my spare time, I play guitar by myself (just six string for the past few days since the unfortunately incident with my 7... maybe I can get the fixing on that started tomorrow)...

I'm jealous of everyone here in a band...

smueske

Reaction score
I'm so done with the whole band thing. I did a lot of recording and gigging about fifteen years ago (told you I was an old fucker). Now just write, record, sample, trigger -- all that good stuff -- in my home studio. Work at the University of Minnesota during the day. Do website design on the side to finance my studio habit. Family, pool league, shrink -- the whole nine yards. Also taking graduate courses in the summer toward a second master's degree, and undergraduate theory courses during the regular term.

I have a book of poetry coming out in February from Ghost Road Press. I do a lot of publishing in literary journals and also run a poetry press of my own. I edit a poetry journal on the internet called three candles (http://www.threecandles.org), so I'm pretty busy most of the time. Poetry and music are my two big avocations. It's nice to come in here once in a while and just chill and read. Lots of good shit going on in this place.

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
Like allot of us day time whore's, we don't have a lot of time for music....but as with anything you love, ya find a way.

Project 1:The Album
Currently I've finished the recording for my first pro quality album Carribean Blue. :yesway: Lately I've been tying up the business end, gettin the stuff officially copyrighted, joining ASCAP, etc. Trying to finish up the Album art now. As with most bands some songs make the album, some don't, and the choices seem to change daily...so the final track list isn't 100% set.

Project 2: Songwriting Contest
I've also recorded two acoustic versions of songs, and submitted it to the NCSC Songwriters Contest. Finalists will be anounced on the 25th. :wallbash:

Project 3: Performance
Always trying to learn some new cover or tune to perform at student shows, coffee houses, open mic nights. This month it's Bumblefoot's (Ron Thal) "What I know." Paul Warren & I will be swapping the solo spotlight during the jazz part, but otherwise Paul will be handling Ron's Solo. :shred:

Project 4: Put together a band
I always had the hardest time putting a top notch band together, just to play anything & everything. Now I have to form a trio just to cover my stuff and tour locally, and it's becoming a MAJOR pain. I'm almost better off to hire pro's, than find musicians who will play with me just for the beer... :cool:

I still continue to write and record even though the album is done.... Just finished recording "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg I like to stay diverse... Shred one day, Slow panzy arse love ballad the next...

Then somewhere in the mix I find time for my darling 3 year old daughter... my wife....well screw her... she stopped supporting my music and other habits long ago...she's on her own!!

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
I've been working on a little EP (accoustic) that I'm gonna' start recording for soon. I will have probably like 5 songs on it. Then after that I'm gonna' go ahead and try to make a full cd (with accoustic and my 7 on there). And while I've been doing this I have been trying to put together a band, all while working my ass off at Target. I wake up and it's morning, I come home and it's night, repeat for 8 days in a row. *Shudders*.

And on other crap (besides music) I've been thinking up new shit for my book and also for my poetry book. And whacking it. :lol:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Christopher said:
, and some of us (Wayne) are just out to lunch ( :lol: ).
Hey are you talking about me :mad: :wavey:
Well regardless, I'm trying to get in with this prog/fusion band. First jam was a success and I have been cracking down on theory, thanks to FB!

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Updated:

Playing lead now in the newly started New River Youth Worship team. The tele and the Schecter are gonna get plenty of action.:cool:

I also joined a band, dunno if I mentioned that, but I'm lookin to get it. They're tryin to be too punkish and I'm not really wanting to go in that direction. I'm gonna try to get something that sounds like Pink Floyd together.