Plugin Deals

• Thread starter thebeesknees22
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
those black friday sales are startin' up with the early deals. I don't plan on getting much though.

I picked up the weiss deesser today on sale since softube was running a sale + an extra 10% off, but I'm mostly just waiting for melodyne.

Another SD3 expansion pack is tempting though since they're on sale right now, but I think I'll wait till next year for that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bjjman

Reaction score
those black friday sales are startin' up with the early deals. I don't plan on getting much though.

I picked up the weiss deesser today on sale since softube was running a sale + an extra 10% off, but I'm mostly just waiting for melodyne.

Another SD3 expansion pack is tempting though since they're on sale right now, but I think I'll wait till next year for that.
I got Melodyne during Black Friday before. One thing I found was the cheapest way to get the higher editions was to buy a mix of Essential and then the various upgrade at different vendors. No idea if it will be the same this year but worth checking out. Great tool!

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got Melodyne during Black Friday before. One thing I found was the cheapest way to get the higher editions was to buy a mix of Essential and then the various upgrade at different vendors. No idea if it will be the same this year but worth checking out. Great tool!
oh yeah I've heard that mentioned too!

I'll have to see what the options are like whenever it happens to drop.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

tedtan

Reaction score
BFD 3 is $50 USD right now (it’s normally $330). I think they’re about to drop BFD4 soon, but 49 is cheap for a drum sampler.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the Kush stuff is on sale. Some of them are pretty good deals. I'm tempted, but I really need to chill on the plugins for a bit after getting melodyne.

this new LG drive is interesting. I use the crap out of the AR-1 (on sale for $49!), but the sale on the LG isn't super great since it's brand new. Kinda want the Pusher though. mmm...mmm.... Goldplate is only $39 too. ..but do i really need another plate verb. ...I am tempted.

tedtan

Reaction score
I don’t have any experience with Goldplate, but I can vouch for all of the Valhalla reverbs (and their other plugins) being great. They don’t seem to do sales, but they are only $50 each every day.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Getgood has their Black Friday stuff up and fucking love the email they sent out

Screenshot_20221122-100307_Gallery.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Speaking of them and maybe I missed it in the past but they have two midi groove packs that totally free. I haven't checked them out yet since I program but got them because free.

rokket2005

Reaction score
PA has the BSA clipper for $20 using code CLIPPER-1999 at checkout. I have the jst clip but I don't really like it so i decided to give the bsa a try. It makes you register for the bsa site though, wish it was just part of the pa license manager.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
On a budget...

What's good for bass? Something that I could just program and not play an actual bass.

Synths too with good pads and etc.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
mmm i'm not sure. I've always found it easier to just play bass than to try and program it. Have you looked into EZ bass or something like that? it doesn't look like it's on sale though.

speaking of clippers like @rokket2005 was talking about, I've been been eyeballing maybe getting another clipper. I have Big Clipper and Newfangled's Saturate. I was looking at Kclip or Flatline at some point though. They seem fairly comparable but flatline does higher oversampling it seems.

I don't do tons of clipping though so I'm kinda eh ..eehhh.. Maybe I just stick with what I have and not bother 🤔 . Anyone have any thoughts on Kclip or Flatline?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
valhalla's supermassive has an update

it's probably my most used free plugin out there.
I should play with that. I bought LiquidSonics' Seventh Heaven a year ago, though, and the honeymoon phase is still in effect. :lol:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I should play with that. I bought LiquidSonics' Seventh Heaven a year ago, though, and the honeymoon phase is still in effect. :lol:
seventh heaven is amazing! I use it pretty much every mix. I did bite the bullet and go with the pro version after using the regular version for quite a while, but after having used both, I don't think the pro version is super necessary unless you just really want it.

I still end up using a lot of the same ones that are in the regular version like "studio A" and whatnot.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
seventh heaven is amazing! I use it pretty much every mix. I did bite the bullet and go with the pro version after using the regular version for quite a while, but after having used both, I don't think the pro version is super necessary unless you just really want it.

I still end up using a lot of the same ones that are in the regular version like "studio A" and whatnot.
Have you tried their Cinematic Rooms? It's the only reverb I've ever heard that makes a close-mic'd drumset sound like it's...in a room. Their stuff isn't cheap, but it's worth it.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you tried their Cinematic Rooms? It's the only reverb I've ever heard that makes a close-mic'd drumset sound like it's...in a room. Their stuff isn't cheap, but it's worth it.
It's next on my list of reverbs to get at some point, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't really mix in surround yet so I probably wouldn't get the full use out of it.

I know the film/tv score dudes over on another forum swear by it though. I have no doubt it's top notch given how good liquidsonics stuff is.

I've eyeballed altiverb too, but it's so darn expensive that I don't see a reason to get it given there are other things like cinematic rooms out there for less.