{POD HD Pro, Metal Foundry} - Meshuggah style ?

clems6belio

Djentlemens :)
Reaction score
Chug Chug (Pod Hd Pro) by clems6belio on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hi guys, need feedback for this mix !!
smile.gif

_Guitar is an Agile 8 string with DiMarzio D-Activator set. (bass done with it too haha)
_POD HD PRO (ENGL) - HPF at 120Hz, LPF 10kHz, removed some fuzzy peaks around 3kHz, double tracked, that is all.
_Bass : 1 clean track, heavily low-passed (around 300Hz), 1 distorded track (EzMix 2 high gain guitar preset, maybe 51dvm...) only keep midrange.
_Drums are Superior Drummer, Metal Foundry extension whit a littl' bit Evil Drums' snare (ludwig black beauty to add some... bulk), based on Fredrik Thordendal "Bleed" preset, changed "snare, kick and oh" mix.
_Drum buss with EzMix 2 preset "Stereo Room" which works fine for me here hehe.
_Master with iZotope Ozone 5 Maximiser, and some Waves Mercury Bundle plugins... crazy plugins.

Any advice, comment, observation, idea, whatever, about my mix is welcome !
Any issues, problems.... etc....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clems6belio

Djentlemens :)
Reaction score
Pod HD pro direct in audio interface.
I'll share the preset next week ^^

Thanks guys for the feedback, really appreciate it !

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Awesome work! i would try to get a deeper sound by slightly sucking out some low mids around 250-350 HZ. carefully though. Slightly raise the low end around 70-80 HZ a little just to get some ballsy rumble going. You can also raise the area around 2-3 Khz a tiny bit to get more "size" in the high end. You can lose a tiny bit of presence in the snare, though not too much. add some low mids in there maybe. It'll make for a thicker snare sound :)

Overall, this is a great sound, man!

edit: specifically, what you've done well here, is to get that feeling of a large mix going. This sounds like something big and angry!

revclay

Reaction score
MF_Kitten basically stole the words out of my mouth, hahaha. Everything sounds nice and the little adjustments he suggested would make it sound very nice. Well done.

hellraizer84

Reaction score
nice man im using a similar set up for the recording also,the tone is nice and tight,if only it had that extra fuck in the mid section that the axe fx seems to do so well but hey man this is on the money,good stuff