Polyphia (Serious Talent, Local Band Content, FFO: Periphery, Corelia, Instrumental)

• Thread starter Cynic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
you nailed the sound of the band... and their name even sounds like Periphery and Corelia smooshed together.

cool stuff.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
I watched a video of theirs a couple of weeks ago and liked them on facebook. Actually waited by the computer when they said they were about to upload a new song. :lol:

This new stuff is really good.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
been following them for a little while.

Become their vocalist cynic, you are too good.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
The leads are really nice but they're in some dire need of some RIFFS

Edit: Second song had some neato ones

otisct20

Reaction score
Some of their lead work reminds me of Scale The Summit. These guys are really good.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Been listening to these guys a tonne lately, inspire is an incredible ep.

Chuck

Reaction score
Just realized I have been following their bassist, Clay on twitter for quite awhile and never listened to his band.

:shame:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I randomly came across these guys on Youtube a few days ago, I really like their music. They've sort of got the boy band image going on, though, I almost didn't take them seriously at first. :lol:

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
I don't think they sound at all like StS, I hear more Periphery and Guthrie and such in their leads.
I know the guys personally (played with them a few times and Brandon recorded drums on my band's EP :metal:), and I can honestly say that they are not only incredible musicians but also a super genuine group of dudes. The nicest guys around - great to see em getting attention!

Housty00

Reaction score
I've been hearing about these dudes alot lately. I'm not even a little bit homosexual but holy .... is their drummer a babe. Like I'm mancrushing. They all shred too, so I'm all kinds of jealous.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
The remind me of a slowed down/less chaotic Save Us From The Archon. Really great stuff. Available now? I might have to pick this up when I get home.

lawizeg

Reaction score
They're very good on their instruments, but their music just doesn't get to me. :shrug:

Talent indeed.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Holy crap! I'm damn impressed at their proficiency at their age. Wow! I'm digging the music, need to keep replaying, but this is impressive. Wonder why they don't get more pub!

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
These guys can surely play, but this doesn't really do anything for me. Like all of the over-processed and over-produced "metal" these days, this just sounds like it was made on a computer. It has no meat to it. It has no balls. Frankly, these dudes look like they have no balls. And what is with the drums? Were they programmed or is the drummer using triggers? They sound fake.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
These guys can surely play, but this doesn't really do anything for me. Like all of the over-processed and over-produced "metal" these days, this just sounds like it was made on a computer. It has no meat to it. It has no balls. Frankly, these dudes look like they have no balls. And what is with the drums? Were they programmed or is the drummer using triggers? They sound fake.

Well perhaps if you were familiar with "all of the over-processed and over-produced "metal" these days" You'd know most bands use a vsti Like Superior 2.0 for drums.