Pop Punk intro/demo!

• Thread starter Nakon14
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nakon14

Smells like updog
Reaction score
First off, thanks!

Secondly, its Superior 2.0. I've been messing with the mix a lot lately, as well as working on mastering so everything has pretty much been a work in progress. I didn't master that very well so the demo as a whole is quiet, but mix is better than some of my others.

IIRC, I have an EQ setup to accentuate the lower midrange to give me the click for the bass drums, but I dont think I have much else above and below that. I'll have to check

BTW, nice avatar!

thedrummerkid

Sweater Bandit
Reaction score
nothing like meme avatars! hahaha
you might wanna try and mix some snare and kick samples (if you want, toms too! :lol:) with SD2.
i use pro tools, so i just line em up on the grid and throw a little EQ on them (typically boosts on the mid to lows for kick and snare, dual attacks sound nasty).
you still get the dynamics of SD2 (i still have DFH :squint:) but the meaty feel of samples.

oh, side note, for the samples, search from the Paramore style kick and snare from Andy Sneap's forum. they are KILLER and i use them all the time :hbang: