Possible Tosin Abasi Signature model coming out NAMM 2013??

• Thread starter Khoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
It makes sense that he'd get a sig, there are significantly less than well-known guitarists with signatures out, and usually it's guys that have a really narrow playing range. good on tosin, dude is wicked talented.

plus, the guitar looks fucking killer. if it had black or chrome hardware options, I'd snag it as is. definitely dig it.

Who is less known than Tosin and has an Ibanez signature model?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khoi

Reaction score
well seeing how they called it "his signature guitar" and he says in the video that he's "holding the first signature guitar that [he's] designed with Ibanez"

so it sounds to me that it's pretty signature

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Who is less known than Tosin and has an Ibanez signature model?

I mean that statements subjective anyway because depending on which demographic, a lot.

Young kids: Noodles (Like the food? Cmon, the last Offspring "hit" was almost 10 years ago)

Non-metal people: Totman/Li (Dragon What?), Munky ( like... at the zoo?), Marten/Frederik (what is a Mesuggah?), Mick Thompson (A slip knot... like, what I learned in boyscotts as a kid?)

90% of the world: Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (isn't he a pitcher or a wide reciever or something famous?)

:lol: :rofl:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I mean that statements subjective anyway because depending on which demographic, a lot.

Young kids: Noodles (Like the food? Cmon, the last Offspring "hit" was almost 10 years ago)

Non-metal people: Totman/Li (Dragon What?), Munky ( like... at the zoo?), Marten/Frederik (what is a Mesuggah?), Mick Thompson (A slip knot... like, what I learned in boyscotts as a kid?)

90% of the world: Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (isn't he a pitcher or a wide reciever or something famous?)

:lol: :rofl:

I didn't know Noodles still had one on the market, but, I think "well-known" is a rather objective term, since it denotes how many people know who they are. I would say that more people know who all of those guys are more so than is the case with Tosin.

Anyway, if the guitar he is playing is what will be coming out, and it doesn't have his name on it anywhere, I'm going to be absolutely terrorized until I get my hands on one. A 7 string version would be even better.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I didn't know Noodles still had one on the market, but, I think "well-known" is a rather objective term, since it denotes how many people know who they are. I would say that more people know who all of those guys are more so than is the case with Tosin.

He does - isn't that crazy? And even though they havent had a radio hit in almost a decade their last album, which came out this year, sold 25k records first week and landed at like number 12 on the Billboard :nuts:

As far as the TA8, good for him. The Mesuggah guys were obviously the original pioneers of it and have been using it for a decade, but theres no doubt that after Tosin started using it received a new jolt of interest from the newer generation of guitar community.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Bottom line is that if even 1% of "Animals As Leaders" Facebook likes alone buys this guitar then thats 1800 sold.

If its a $1000 profit made by Ibanez on each guitar then whats that? $1,800,000? aka 1.8 million dollars!!!

Takemyevil

Reaction score
Bottom line is that if even 1% of "Animals As Leaders" Facebook likes alone buys this guitar then thats 1800 sold.

If its a $1000 profit made by Ibanez on each guitar then whats that? $1,800,000? aka 1.8 million dollars!!!

Your maths is slightly off, it would only be $1,800,000 but thats still a lot :lol:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Your maths is slightly off, it would only be $1,800,000 but thats still a lot :lol:

Thank you. I saw my error and was like damn I better edit this quick! I fixed it though, even your quote got the fix. Its correct, as are you.

In addition, if only 100 random dudes from the US on this board buy it, then thats still $100,000 immediately for Ibanez, from the US alone! Not to mention the influx of sales they will receive on the lower end 8 string models because of the brand recognition. I definitely think that putting Abasi's name behind it will help it sell way more than if it was just a random model with the same specs. Some reasons are because of his fan base, his live use, they now have someone to answer questions about it, make videos on it, and most importantly, it seems as though he played a large role in the designing of this guitar. Ibanez would have never put out this guitar with these specs if Tosin had not helped them with it. Its undeniably a good move on the part of Ibanez.

We buy the guitar because we think its cool. Ibanez puts it out because its business

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
Good for him getting a sig, but that thing is ugly as sin.

I guess that's to be expected though. Anytime I see a picture of the dude I can't help but think "What the fuck are you wearing??"

Just so you guys don't throw a bunch of negativity my way, I'm not bashing the guy. He's very talented. I like his music. I just think he has terrible aesthetic taste. There, now keep your tears inside.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
If wenge is involved in the neck of the final product, I will do everything in my power to throw money in the direction of Ibanez.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
If this thing comes out, I seriously hope I can get my hands on one. That's just freaking awesome.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Guitar is cool but way too busy imho. I hope they ditch the hideous inlays and tuners in the final version, plus I usually like quilt tops but would have preferred a plain maple one with solid finish. Still a killer instrument!

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Aesthetically not interested in it at all.... but I loved the voicing of those pickups :agreed:

EDIT - I bet it plays amazing too!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I guess that's to be expected though. Anytime I see a picture of the dude I can't help but think "What the fuck are you wearing??"

Just so you guys don't throw a bunch of negativity my way, I'm not bashing the guy. He's very talented. I like his music. I just think he has terrible aesthetic taste. There, now keep your tears inside.

Hahaha I so agree. First time I saw him was the EMGX video, I was like 'ok, classy guy, why not', then every other time since I've though :ugh:

Then this rather questionable thing appeared.

I get it. Sorta. But I think it's utterly garish.

Never mind though, I'm just one man writing what I think on the internet as if anybody cares, I'm sure these will sell.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Here's hoping that Steve Vai decides to compete with Tosin and makes Ibanez crank out some ridiculously bright-colored Universes.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Good for him getting a sig, but that thing is ugly as sin.

Indeed, not wearing a black shirt and camo shorts is terrible aesthetic taste, what was he thinking?

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I cannot express how ugly I think that guitar is :ugh:

Why couldn't Javier have a signature? All of his LACS' look AMAZING. Or at least, you know, make Tosin's his white one or natural one.