Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

Stiman

Reaction score
Didn't want to do a NGD just for another RG550. But I was planning to pickup a second RG550 in DSY over the next few months. This 2019 model popped up on the used market locally this morning and I ran out to pick it up right away as it was priced at $750 CAD (essentially half of new). It's in near perfect condition, just really dusty and unplayed. Big win for me!
Anyway, this one is going to be setup for D standard. Love these RG550, they're real workhorse guitars.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 12.22.46 PM.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Didn't want to do a NGD just for another RG550. But I was planning to pickup a second RG550 in DSY over the next few months. This 2019 model popped up on the used market locally this morning and I ran out to pick it up right away as it was priced at $750 CAD (essentially half of new). It's in near perfect condition, just really dusty and unplayed. Big win for me!
Anyway, this one is going to be setup for D standard. Love these RG550, they're real workhorse guitars.

View attachment 131995

$750 CAD, so that must be about $300 USD? ;) 🧐

Great score!

Marked Man

Reaction score
sorry to keep spamming my JP6 but im finally geting the pictures the way I like and closer to how the guitar looks IRL

Must be late afternoon, approaching the Golden Hour, no?

Many guitar finishes are notoriously difficult to capture in pics...great job on this one!

Paradox916

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lefty content!
IMG_20170821_180755_587.jpeg

EC-1000 delux

IMG_1898.jpeg
This bargain buy EX-50 has been the lab animal to cut my teeth on, not worth the SD invaders I put in it but the knowledge and experience learned has been well worth it, I want to take another crack at rewiring it, not 💯 happy with how it turned out, but that’s part of the learning curve I guess, they can’t all be winners. I have even considered converting it to a baritone🤣

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Must be late afternoon, approaching the Golden Hour, no?

Many guitar finishes are notoriously difficult to capture in pics...great job on this one!
thanks a lot! it was a golden hour pic indeed. This finish isn't that hard to capture, but I was struggling a bit with setting up my new lens and camera correctly.

IMO, the hardest ones to capture are extremely glossy stained finishes (as the clear coat as a mirror and it won't let you capture the wood underneath properly) and black, sparkle guitars, as you have to position the guitar in the perfect position to get all that sparkly goodness

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
My latest Jackson, SLSMG.
It's basically perfect!
Previous owner upgraded with golden locking Gotoh tuners. It had golden EMG's but they were too much for me so I swapped them for good old regular cover 81/85 and they sound really good as expected. Has a golden killswitch since I had one laying around but gonna swap that also for a black one :D the golden tuners are gonna stay though.

IMG-20231018-WA0003.jpeg

Marked Man

Reaction score
My latest Jackson, SLSMG.
It's basically perfect!
Previous owner upgraded with golden locking Gotoh tuners. It had golden EMG's but they were too much for me so I swapped them for good old regular cover 81/85 and they sound really good as expected. Has a golden killswitch since I had one laying around but gonna swap that also for a black one :D the golden tuners are gonna stay though.

View attachment 132432

Good call on ditching the gold pickups, man.

Gold is in line right behind abalone to catch the Fail Train..... :ugh: 👹

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score

Gold is in line right behind abalone to catch the Fail Train..... :ugh:

Gold is in line right behind abalone to catch the Fail Train..... :ugh: 👹
For me, golden pickups work best/ only for a les paul custom type that has binding on the body. Without binding the pickups draw your attention too much... Or something like that :D

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was hoping the expert eyes of SSO could help me identify my 540s. I didn't want to make a separate thread, so here's some photos I took real quick.
I've had it for a long time, maybe 15 years? but sat in the closet forever until a few years ago. I was always thrown off by the oval abalone inlays and no serial number on the neckplate or headstock, although the neckplate does have a location for it, it's blank. Everything seems original, but from what I can gather, somebody could have had a 1990 540s, stripped the paint and maybe changed the neck? Anyway, what do you think? Also, ya'll think I need a re-fret? When I asked a tech a while back he said "Nobody really needs a refret"....
image4.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg

Marked Man

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was hoping the expert eyes of SSO could help me identify my 540s. I didn't want to make a separate thread, so here's some photos I took real quick.
I've had it for a long time, maybe 15 years? but sat in the closet forever until a few years ago. I was always thrown off by the oval abalone inlays and no serial number on the neckplate or headstock, although the neckplate does have a location for it, it's blank. Everything seems original, but from what I can gather, somebody could have had a 1990 540s, stripped the paint and maybe changed the neck? Anyway, what do you think? Also, ya'll think I need a re-fret? When I asked a tech a while back he said "Nobody really needs a refret"....
View attachment 132529
View attachment 132530
View attachment 132531
View attachment 132532

I'm afraid it's beyond salvation and also virtually worthless. :(

Send it to me and I'll give it a proper funeral....

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's beyond salvation and also virtually worthless. :(

Send it to me and I'll give it a proper funeral....
Yeah, I figured, so I burned it and threw it in the trash.
Haha naw, it was the first guitar I ever bought in my teens and off ebay, then didn't buy another till I was 30 so it means a lot even if it's no Prestige.
I've just never seen the combination of specs on another S model exactly, so I've always wondered if it was modded. Still plays great!