Post your demos HERE! 😊

• Thread starter IT'z Roberto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I was supposed to partner with a vocalist for this EP, but they just stopped replying after weeks of steady communication.
I was motivated by the demos and decided to just finish it up (I also learned some basics of DaVinci Resolve to put together the video).

STRHelvete

☿
Reaction score
Spent last night and today throwing this random idea together. I have no idea where it came from or why it's here but it's certainly a demo. It needs more samples/synth work, perhaps some more guitar if it makes sense. I'm leaning towards this being an instrumental as I don't really see me singing over this, or anyone else for that matter. It's essentially the musical equivalent of a ball of dough that I have yet to form into a finished meal. Forgive the slapdash mix job. I just needed something to hold it together.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Alright fellas!

I finally finished a dumb practice song testing out the focal trio st 6's I bought like 7 months ago lol, and the api5500 & 2500 I bought like a year ago. Just keeping it simple since I'm horrible at playing and singing at the same time.

I think it still needs a little bit of tweaking, but I got work to do so it is what it is.

vocal chain - WA-47 on mic this time to switch it up through an api527a for tracking
guitars - all helix. various amp models
bass - helix & DI mix.
drums - superior drummer

first time recording at 96hz to see if audio warping and pitch correction would be less wonky and I feel like it did help that a lot. 🤔 I didn't push it very hard either though.

Anywho.. I think for a v1 mix it came out better than my previous v1 mixes on the old adam A7's, but maybe that's all in my head.
🤔🤔

oh and there's a click at the end i forgot to cutout, and there's a bit of noise in my guitars. I still need to debug where that's coming from and I don't have any software yet to kill that post. It's on my list to do later this year though.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ok here lol

lol, I butchered it trying to fix it, and wound up redoing it from scratch. ...not my best work, but it's gonna have to do.

hopefully the next practice song doesn't take me 7 months to do

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ok here lol

lol, I butchered it trying to fix it, and wound up redoing it from scratch. ...not my best work, but it's gonna have to do.

hopefully the next practice song doesn't take me 7 months to do

I'm just listening on my phone but it sounds fricking sweet! It gives me Failure/Year of the Rabbit vibes and I'm all for it!

You're playing everything and singing right?

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm just listening on my phone but it sounds fricking sweet! It gives me Failure/Year of the Rabbit vibes and I'm all for it!

You're playing everything and singing right?
thanks dude!! haha

yeah I'm playing/singing everything. er.. well drums are just programmed, and I was super lazy programming this one. But other than that I'm doing everything. + mix and trying to master it. (the mixing and mastering practice is the main reason for me making songs lol)

I feel like I scooped the guitars too much on this version maybe. My first version was a bit more mid forward but it was way too much so I swung it the other way to the extreme lol

sucks i have the pops in the original vocal tracks on this one, and the noise. I need to save up for RX11 or spectralayers pro later this fall so I can take care of that stuff.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
thanks dude!! haha

yeah I'm playing/singing everything. er.. well drums are just programmed, and I was super lazy programming this one. But other than that I'm doing everything. + mix and trying to master it. (the mixing and mastering practice is the main reason for me making songs lol)

I feel like I scooped the guitars too much on this version maybe. My first version was a bit more mid forward but it was way too much so I swung it the other way to the extreme lol

sucks i have the pops in the original vocal tracks on this one, and the noise. I need to save up for RX11 or spectralayers pro later this fall so I can take care of that stuff.
Hey, where did it go? I was gonna check it out.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ok! hahaha

there. my last and final version. I think I've spammed the demo thread enough with this one.

I'm still not like thrilled with the snare but it is what it is.

Super nice work here! The minimal drums work for me, they let the other parts do their thng. Awesome!

ToRNOuTLaW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I played guitar in a band 2007-2012, a modern metal project called Akoris (fka "A Faith Forlorn").
We only recorded a demo for 3 of our 11-12 songs. Some aspects are quite diletantic, but we had a lot of fun writing and performing them :)

Latest posts