Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, my new baby arrived, but it has a sticker on it from Sweetwater advising I wait 24 hours to open it to let the guitar acclimate, citing warnings about possibly cracking the finish, etc. I've literally never, ever done that before but I'm a paranoid person by nature... :argue:

Kind of wondering if it's a "save customer service agents' time by keeping people from emailing or calling about buzzing frets" thing >_>

Needless to say, I am GASing hard atm XD

Depends, if nitro gets cold and then has a sudden temp shift it will check / crack. Most other finishes etc it's just the hardware settling in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wucan

Reaction score
I thought Dave just had the 3 PS 7 strings? The first fade one, the HSH one and a newer one with a dyed maple board.
59400746_2610397678989043_2683704473750077440_n.jpg

He got the fade one first to resemble the LACS S he previously got. I could be wrong and missed something though?

That turquoise fade, though... bah gawd!

nickgray

Reaction score
I’m a sucker for neck binding.

Yeah, they finally have a good looking standard, and with the recent price hike it's pretty damn viable if you ask me. Has that neat switching system too. I think you should be able to replace them with two 3 way mini toggle and have independent series/split/parallel switching for both humbuckers.

macky

Reaction score
p1.jpg

Been passively on the hunt for an actual shamisen, and there's one finally available at the usual pawn store haunt. And I kinda really want it badly. :lol:
Yooooo....for the price of a shamisen you're not far off from owning a top of the line koto. Will always gas for one but nowhere to put it. Plus welcome to the world of $80-$100 string changes and $5 picks. I could get lost in that wood figuring though.
6-ft-25-string-concert-grade-koto-by-mitsuya-koto-20108-21313-20116-32067-31581-3.gif

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Been gassing pretty hard the last couple of days for an RGA121 and/or an RGA321.
Too bad everything I find online is either beat to shit, (and I don't know that I want to put in the time and money to fix it) or too expensive.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Been gassing pretty hard the last couple of days for an RGA121 and/or an RGA321.
Too bad everything I find online is either beat to shit, (and I don't know that I want to put in the time and money to fix it) or too expensive.

I saw a nice rga321 w/ dimarzios for a decent price on kijiji but its in south western ontario.

maybe they will ship, or u can go for a day trip?

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Life was much easier before I knew these existed :drool:

The Nosferatu and checkerboard 7 are kill.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Soooo why doesn’t Ibenhad use shark teeth inlays anymore?

They had them on the RG550DX Genesis models from last year, and still show up on the Standard line stuff.

But yeah, they haven't had a regular MIJ production model with old school Sharks since like 2006, unless you count the "Ghost Shark" inlays to take it to about 2009, depending on region.

There have been some spot models in the home market, they tend to sell a bit better over there, probably for nostalgia.

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
Last edited:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I turned 40 this year. This is obvious to me because my GAS is starting to take a sharp turn toward something I never, ever thought I'd like:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0081/3152/products/fullsizeoutput_9b97_1980x.jpg

It turns out that after all of the Floyds, humbuckers, seven strings, and maple tops... that all I want is an Esquire/Telecaster with a Bigsby?! This can't be happening.

Well as your new manager, we'll need to start booking "AndiKravljaca and the Sons of Bitches" on the country and western circuit soon. :lol: