Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Always wanted that Matthias Jabs sig model they did around the same time.

wz0ge4eswacad3le3dqg.jpg

I think Dommenget still builds them.

rare-boris-dommenget-matthias-jabs-scorpions.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just when I finally bought an 8 string, I didn't need to see one of these available...

ibanez-s5528lw-hab-prestige-hazelnut-ale-brown-10.jpg

I did not need to remember these existed. :wub: My guitar budget is in the negatives right now after impulsively pre-ordering one of those new shiny Ibanez Gio right after getting that rg121... :ugh:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I did not need to remember these existed. :wub: My guitar budget is in the negatives right now after impulsively pre-ordering one of those new shiny Ibanez Gio right after getting that rg121... :ugh:

You've been on quite a roll with guitar buying yourself. I'm jealous of your AZ and RGA. :lol:
But I can't talk. After buying a doubleneck, lefty Squier and an RG2228A last year, I should hold back... except I have another Ibby coming... :ugh:

Embrace your inner Josh Martin

I had to look him up. I think he uses a very similar looking Iron Label version.

Oooh where at?

Local guy selling used via FB marketplace. He's an hour away from where I live and selling at a similar price to how much I paid for my RG2228A.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Why THE FUCK is the back green. Who did this. Why. Why. The brown was cool until they added green. It's a poo-colored 11k guitar. WHY.
That's the original colour (green) of this guitar, the front just faded like that in UV. I've seen this guitar for sale when it was mint.

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's the original colour (green) of this guitar, the front just faded like that in UV. I've seen this guitar for sale when it was mint.
The listing claims it was ordered in May 2019, so it has faded that much since then? Did they put it on a tanning bed or something?

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
The listing claims it was ordered in May 2019, so it has faded that much since then? Did they put it on a tanning bed or something?
PRS has always had a problem with colorfastness in their dyes, and afaik they don't use uv stabilizers in their clear. Just leaving them in a sunny location for extended periods of time can do this. This happens a fair bit with PRS from what i've seen.

Reactions: drb

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
You've been on quite a roll with guitar buying yourself. I'm jealous of your AZ and RGA. :lol:
But I can't talk. After buying a doubleneck, lefty Squier and an RG2228A last year, I should hold back... except I have another Ibby coming... :ugh:

Hey, at least with your creative output we all benefit from your gear whoring habits :lol: I'm just hoarding these for myself and playing them in my living room. :ugh: :lol: It's what happens when you give me a job that pays a grown-up's salary but is soul-sucking, and then you lock me indoors. :lol:

Also, can't wait to see what Ibby you get next!

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
PRS has always had a problem with colorfastness in their dyes, and afaik they don't use uv stabilizers in their clear. Just leaving them in a sunny location for extended periods of time can do this. This happens a fair bit with PRS from what i've seen.
Wow that's kind of ruined my perspective of PRS. A bit of fading on an old guitar is cool and all but I wouldn't want it an entirely different colour from ~3 years of exposure.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow that's kind of ruined my perspective of PRS. A bit of fading on an old guitar is cool and all but I wouldn't want it an entirely different colour from ~3 years of exposure.

I'll guarantee that was sitting in a window with the back facing out for a couple years. Put it in the case when you're not playing it and it's not a problem :2c:

I've got 2 2013 AP guitars here, one in purple burst and one in yellow to red fade with literally no color fading.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score

That's scary.

I own a PRS with a similar green top. I had no idea it could change so drastically and so quickly. Luckily I always suspected that it is not a good idea to have guitars under the Sun.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
this has got to be one of the best ibby 7's I've ever seen. Chris Brodericks archtop.
It sure would be nice to see something like this as a production model

jAxE6aN.jpg