Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
278957408_10159849505613563_4038253985698876025_n.jpg

...I like this. A lot. :lol:

Even with the Hot Wheels branding, I fucking love the contours.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bro I wish you luck trying to get any Standard Series RGD, they might as well not extist

I always find it amazing how guitars that were mass-produced by the thousands just... fucking disappear like that. :lol:
I've been looking semi-religiously and can't find one. So that coupled with being a whore for all things Ibanez is driving me batty lol

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I want to overhaul my RG7620, I think a refinish and adding a pickguard is what I’ll do. Gassing over a few different colors, but I think I’ve settled on lime green candy.
d884faee3ef842fa2dfd3057a7719dfa--guitar-art-unique-guitars.jpg
God my parker fly 7 gas was reignited.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Man the axe palace facebook group is going to be the end of me. Had to get in on this order:

278950545_7903630799650683_5273741429476454614_n.jpg
Looks awesome colorwise, but I've painted quite a few bodies and never had my finish turn out that...uneven and mountain/valley-ous? I'm assuming this is prior to level sanding and buffing, but man, even my cheapest guitars I've refinished with rattle cans don't have this texture in this stage. Am I wrong?

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks awesome colorwise, but I've painted quite a few bodies and never had my finish turn out that...uneven and mountain/valley-ous? I'm assuming this is prior to level sanding and buffing, but man, even my cheapest guitars I've refinished with rattle cans don't have this texture in this stage. Am I wrong?
I also noticed that but have no experience to know if it's normal. That pic does have me thinking that a fretboard with a fade from the body color at the heel to natural at the nut might be cool.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I also noticed that but have no experience to know if it's normal. That pic does have me thinking that a fretboard with a fade from the body color at the heel to natural at the nut might be cool.
I've used rattlecans and both briefly used a spraygun + poly, and a spraygun definitely leaves that kind of texture.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I've used rattlecans and both briefly used a spraygun + poly, and a spraygun definitely leaves that kind of texture.
Yeah close to it, but this just seems like the guitar needed to be sanded more before spraying. Then again, I'm just a guy doing them in my backyard, not running the Jackson custom shop so what do I know.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah close to it, but this just seems like the guitar needed to be sanded more before spraying. Then again, I'm just a guy doing them in my backyard, not running the Jackson custom shop so what do I know.
It's definitely how it looks before sanding. I noticed real poly is very glossy immediately after sprayingbut still leaves the orange peel. Still needs final sanding + buffing.