Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Is this a Fender he modded/reliced or does he build strat heads on occasion?

I like Tylers because they're completely "this is my artistic vision, like it or fuck off"
This particular guitar was from 1986 - you can see it on their instagram if you're interested
I lost all respect I could have had for him after the fake going out of business scam to drum up more sales
Wasn't aware of this, bit sad

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yeah posted this whole song and dance about how he was shutting down and only taking a few more orders etc etc so of course everybody and their brother ran to order before they were gone. Then miraculously they just never shut down.

I don't know, that's lame but I gotta blame the TGP crowd because a lot of them hop into them as a money grab, too. Everyone's thinking, oh, I'm going to be able to sell this next year for $2k profit, "Rare! James Tyler - Final Run! Impossible to get now! The culmination of everything James learned in his career! $8500". I'd love to throw a wrench into the plans of all those jerks.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know, that's lame but I gotta blame the TGP crowd because a lot of them hop into them as a money grab, too. Everyone's thinking, oh, I'm going to be able to sell this next year for $2k profit, "Rare! James Tyler - Final Run! Impossible to get now! The culmination of everything James learned in his career! $8500". I'd love to throw a wrench into the plans of all those jerks.

I did update my initial post as he didn't explicitly say they were closing down... but bullshit to spike business is bullshit to spike business :lol:

gasolinedreams

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You guys are making way too big of a deal of the Tyler retiring thing.
There is nothing said in his statement about definitively closing down shop.
Screenshot_20220827-114416_Facebook.jpg

xzacx

Reaction score
You guys are making way too big of a deal of the Tyler retiring thing.
There is nothing said in his statement about definitively closing down shop.
View attachment 113338
Yeah, this was never something I took as nefarious. It’s not like he said “we were robbed, help by buying some guitars,” like someone actually did do.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
One of my white whales... One day
rfb7mqghnkhquyoklwqc.jpg

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Saying "hey I'm gonna re-evaluate my business in a couple years, so buy one now if you want one" sounds like more of a heads-up than a cynical ploy to me, but maybe I'm naive. I remember when Tom Anderson said he'd be closing down Anderson Guitars and going back to being a one-man show, years ago, only to change his mind in the end. I don't think that was a ploy to generate more sales either.

Omzig

Reaction score
Eart AL1986 -h -s (quilt or flamed) These were all over Amazon uk last year at just £400...Come to grab one now and i can't find Any about for sale anywhere be it new or used......Contacted Eart directly and the cost + import fee's is now £637 wtf...Quite the hike, if any one spots one gives a shout.