Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Hard decisions need to be made because these are all on the need to buy stat list:

EVH Circles
EVH Striped Wolfgang Frankie (Red/White/Black)
EVH Striped Wolfgang '78 White/Black
EVH Striped Wolfgang Bumblebee
EVH Silverburst
EVH Frankenstein Relic (the non-EVH pedestrian model in one of the colors)
EVH Wolfgang Special QM Chlorine Burst
Epiphone Adam Jones
Charvel Pro Mod Relic

I recall having several chances to pick up an EVH Wolfgang Striped with Floyd for under $1000 just before King Edward's death.

Look at the pricing now. 😵‍💫

Moongrum

Reaction score
I didn't know the guitarist of Standards was an Ibanez artist now

Capture.PNG

As someone who is on the neck pickup 90% of the time, I think this is so sick.

I heard someone say before the Ibanez LA Custom Shop doesn't take orders from the public. Do they ever do dealer limited runs or stuff like that? Or is it strictly a custom shop for endorsed artists?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard someone say before the Ibanez LA Custom Shop doesn't take orders from the public. Do they ever do dealer limited runs or stuff like that? Or is it strictly a custom shop for endorsed artists?
No LACS short runs, only through the Japanese factory. I dunno what the threshold is for that and even then, the spec options are somewhat limited.

You could definitely contract someone to build a body swap for an AZ and accomplish that on a realistic budget.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The arguing about CE24s in another thread makes me want a 2nd CE24 but in sunburst.

prs-guitars-prs-se-ce24-vintage-sunburst.jpg

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know the guitarist of Standards was an Ibanez artist now

View attachment 138705

As someone who is on the neck pickup 90% of the time, I think this is so sick.

It's funny I had never heard this band but I perfectly predicted exactly how they would sound based on this photo.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
My GAS has reached an all time high for an Oni Essi 7. As some of you may recall, I’m quite vocal about lefty variants at times and with all of the companies that give me GAS that can never be fulfilled (looking at you, Ibanez and Aristides), I’ve finally made the mental commitment to going balls out for a 7.

I’m a total noob in the custom, boutique world, but fuck it. Gonna reach out to Dan in the coming weeks to understand what I need to start doing to budget the money out for a build. I’m not planning on placing an order for at least a year (mortgage, student loans, unexpected pupper injury) but will start putting $100 or so away a month.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Selling my Parker Nitefly and will buy this. The PRS Mira Pickups are the best and only like 24 frets so looks perfect. Worried about the neck profile, would definitely prefer wide thin, but it's priced to sell for $1000 USD and that Lilac colour is light blue from some angles.

View attachment 138704
I still have no clue why PRS didn't stick with the 24 frets when they reissued the Mira in the S2 and SE line. Pretty cool to have a vintage looking/sounding/feeling guitar with a full 24-fret neck.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
slide-30.jpg

I've never tried a high end guitar (other than my UVs) and I'm really wanting to try one of these out a newer J.Custom. I need to know if they're actually better than UVs or if it's all just hype and looks.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
The MM JP guitars are better than a UV in non-subjective ways. They are more finely crafted in general. You will probably like or not like either based on your own subjective criteria, though. I don't prefer either if I'm footing the bill myself, I went with a JC instead and am happy. It's difficult comparing one JC model to another, let alone any of them to the UV line. They're nothing like a UV IME, at least mine haven't been.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MM JP guitars are better than a UV in non-subjective ways. They are more finely crafted in general. You will probably like or not like either based on your own subjective criteria, though. I don't prefer either if I'm footing the bill myself, I went with a JC instead and am happy. It's difficult comparing one JC model to another, let alone any of them to the UV line. They're nothing like a UV IME, at least mine haven't been.
I'm pretty easy going on specs, so I don't need it to be Ibanez-esque. I love my Bodens, I like the Jackson Soloists I've tried, had a Michael Kelly I liked a lot, and love my Ibbys.

I'm more interested now in finding out if that level of craftsmanship makes a big difference to me or not, since I'm not very picky. Because if it doesn't make a difference I can keep buying cheaper guitars and being happy. But if it's a world of s difference, I'm gonna need to start saving up lol

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
If you're going to own a guitar it's good practice to have the highest quality one you prefer. Quality and price are not the same thing, but the MM guitars are high in both metrics. Find a GC and see if they will let you into the goody room with one.

My JC is probably the nicest guitar I own currently, but I don't prefer it the most. Most of the time I play a completely different Prestige model, which I can buy two of BNIB for the price of one MM guitar and be more than twice as happy. YMMV, obviously.

kriff

You've failed me for the last time, Admiral
Reaction score
Middle pup just for the aesthetics? 😆

Is Balageur's custom shop still Korea? $3k for a custom Korean guitar is.....steep.
yeah it won't let you put a humbucker in the middle position so presumably if you were mad enough to do this you'd phone them and ask for it extra-custom.

it says built in South Korea and then QC'ed in the US. Soo yeah.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Balaguer prices are a joke for what you get, that's why you would have a hard time selling it. Could be right down the middle of what most folks are looking for, well not that example obviously, but they'd still probably err on the side of affordability regardless. Same with Kiesels.

But at least there are tons of burl top or evertunes out there. For everyone except me.