Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The bassist in my jazz band got me curious about the Moon bass that he uses:

jj4_03_l.png

Went to check out their website... big mistake. I shouldn't have done that. :lol:

vd_290_01_l.png

st_cl_03_l.png

st_cl_01_l.png

te_cl_01_l.png

Now I know about his bass, kinda makes me feel like a pleb when we play together... :ugh: :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DARK8

Lefty
Reaction score
Right now you can only get these in Europe, I really wish they would bring them to the States though.

(Ibanez RGIR27FEL, Left handed 7 string.)
ibanez-RGIR27FEL-iron-label-left-handed-guitar.jpg

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, not really sso related, but I'm a keyboardist first. I'm a raiding my savings for this.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
10348285_1527501770866453_1493357152988299827_n.jpg

This is pretty much exactly what I plan on ordering just as a 6 with the gold hardware :D

redlol

Reaction score
I have gas for many things, but one thing takes the cake. Just steals the cake, eats it, throws it up and eats it again. That level of gas. It's an ancient and long term lust.

cache_18787853.jpg

cache_18787851.jpg

Yes, instead of lusting after the KSR head, the new mini 6505 lunchbox, the mini mk5, any Ormsby/Skervesen/Mayones/Boden/Carvin... Instead of any of those. My lust has fixated upon the incredible guitars of Palm Bay. For nearly 10 years now in fact.

Last night I discovered they are offering a left handed hardtail model on a very limited basis (they have two left), and this hibernating GAS exploded to a finance ruining level. These things are rare full stop, and a lefty is just stupidly rare to find. I love these things, the colors, the specs(minus pickup rings..), THOSE INLAYS, the headstock is just awesome looking. It just looks like a guitar I want to play forever. My guitar teacher when I was a kid had a teal green Tidalwave model and it was literally love at first sight. There are plenty of superstrat guitars out there like them specwise, but its just something about these Palm Bays I just love.

Until last night I lusted for a Mesa Boogie mk3 or dual rec but this just blows it away like a nuclear bomb. I will have to buy a cheap modelling amp instead I suppose, and only after the Palm Bay.

redlol

Reaction score
Putting down a deposit on a Palm Bay today! Yeahhhhh

totalnewb

Reaction score
I have gas for many things, but one thing takes the cake. Just steals the cake, eats it, throws it up and eats it again. That level of gas. It's an ancient and long term lust.

cache_18787853.jpg

cache_18787851.jpg

Yes, instead of lusting after the KSR head, the new mini 6505 lunchbox, the mini mk5, any Ormsby/Skervesen/Mayones/Boden/Carvin... Instead of any of those. My lust has fixated upon the incredible guitars of Palm Bay. For nearly 10 years now in fact.

Last night I discovered they are offering a left handed hardtail model on a very limited basis (they have two left), and this hibernating GAS exploded to a finance ruining level. These things are rare full stop, and a lefty is just stupidly rare to find. I love these things, the colors, the specs(minus pickup rings..), THOSE INLAYS, the headstock is just awesome looking. It just looks like a guitar I want to play forever. My guitar teacher when I was a kid had a teal green Tidalwave model and it was literally love at first sight. There are plenty of superstrat guitars out there like them specwise, but its just something about these Palm Bays I just love.

Until last night I lusted for a Mesa Boogie mk3 or dual rec but this just blows it away like a nuclear bomb. I will have to buy a cheap modelling amp instead I suppose, and only after the Palm Bay.

Those look like beautiful guitars.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
TI_JC2D_BLB_E-1200.jpg

TI_JC2_IVY_E-1200.jpg

Oh god, I tried one the other day, and it was amaaaaazing.

Had the widest nut I've ever felt on an electric (1 3/4th inch, apparently 44mm+ wide?) and a fairly slim neck, but it stil felt really damn good to play. I really need one. :lol:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Oh god, I tried one the other day, and it was amaaaaazing.

Had the widest nut I've ever felt on an electric (1 3/4th inch, apparently 44mm+ wide?) and a fairly slim neck, but it stil felt really damn good to play. I really need one. :lol:

They are very wide, but I do like the necks. The stock pickups are one of the the best in house pickups I have ever tried, they definitely nail the AIC sound. I replaced them with a JB/59, but I may as well have left them in.

Latest posts