Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
No anger here- I just think it looks good in certain applications and not so good in others. I'm one of the evil people who picks ebonol/richlite over anything made of real wood so my tastes are controversial anyway.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I see it's a Saito but what is that? It's really cool but I can't tell if it's paint, some kind of like gold leaf thing or some alien wood I've never seen before lol

I'll see if I can figure that out. I just know it's the guitarist from Coldrain's sig model. I like how the string choices are either for drop d or drop a# stock. 2 piece Alder body with Thin Matte Urethane & Closed Finish. Can't find info about a top.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, I got SG GAS real bad, aesthetically I love them, I just now they play like shit when standing up (supposedly Gibsons are better in the that regard than Epis).

0276c211d4OXkNjNgqN26lTz0tmosSsSYkKTGqIy.wm-dh.jpg

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I got SG GAS real bad, aesthetically I love them, I just now they play like shit when standing up (supposedly Gibsons are better in the that regard than Epis).

I feel this. Been looking for an SG-3 reissue from the 2007-2008 (I think) run for awhile for a not insane price. I keep trying to find out who bought David Gold from Woods Of Ypres SG3 that he sold before he died, but no luck yet.

IMG_2255.jpg

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I love that colour scheme. The natural binding on the neck really brings it together. Too bad it's an SG and not one of the, like, two specific guitars I actually put my money towards.

Marked Man

Reaction score

Using the right kind of strap (well setup) can help considerably with SG designs. Not a problem with my ESP Viper, although the design still has an odd feel by nature.....

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Using the right kind of strap (well setup) can help considerably with SG designs. Not a problem with my ESP Viper, although the design still has an odd feel by nature.....

Yeah, I might honestly buy one and just relocate the strap pin to the wing and use a 3" cliplok; not like I practice standing up THAT much anyways, but still something in the back of my mind.

I'll die before I use a suede strap that grips my shirt or anything.