Post your most "Metal" pic of yourself and your 7!!!

• Thread starter SevenatoR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
off topic - I always thought your name was an allusion to the hardcore band Hatebreed. they used to be pretty cool, until they appeared in Vin Diesil's XXX. You didn't seem the hardcore type, somehow.

-back on topic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
off topic - I always thought your name was an allusion to the hardcore band Hatebreed. they used to be pretty cool, until they appeared in Vin Diesil's XXX. You didn't seem the hardcore type, somehow.

-back on topic.

HateBreed is false *flex*
They are one of the bands that steals their name from Children of Bodom songs. Them and "Every Time I Die", which is also a Bodom song, but then a hardcore band. IN both cases, the song the bands are named after are better than anything that those bands have ever done ;p

eleven59 said:

You so are ;p :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
WAAAAY back in the day, hatebreed was pretty good - I was never that into the hardcore scene, but we're talking like, oh... Middle school, so we'll say '94-95. Then they fell off the face of the earth for a while. Then they were the heaviest thing on modern rock radio in like '03-ish, which you can take for what it's worth.:p

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually like Sinergy a little more than Children Of Bodom, the vocals sound better. Alexi can rip though. \m/

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
I actually like Sinergy a little more than Children Of Bodom, the vocals sound better. Alexi can rip though. \m/

Kim Goss is hot, but Bodom says 'fuck' more. and the word fuck is bad as fuck.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Kim Goss is hot, but Bodom says 'fuck' more. and the word fuck is bad as fuck.

Unfortunately I think Alexi's vocals would sound better in a real death metal band, something more along the lines of Vader or Vital Remains. CoB has more in common with power metal musically, at least to my ears. Not saying that's bad, it just grates on my ears sometimes. :wallbash:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Frank Mullen wins in my book of death metal singers. Suffocation's Human Waste is brutal but nowheres near Effigy Of The Forgotten which is one of my favorite albums of all time. Breeding The Spawn is great, Peirced From Within is great, Despise The Sun and so on....he just rules death metal vox...just my opinion. :)

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
5.jpg

3.jpg

Pics of me Waylon Ford

1) Me and My custom Dean Fretted / Fretless bass

2) Just I

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Unfortunately I think Alexi's vocals would sound better in a real death metal band, something more along the lines of Vader or Vital Remains. CoB has more in common with power metal musically, at least to my ears. Not saying that's bad, it just grates on my ears sometimes. :wallbash:

I dunno. alexi says he doesnt havent any power metal influence. i think its more the 'classical with distortion' thing going on. THat and they have more slayer influence than anything else it seems like, recently.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
I dunno. alexi says he doesnt havent any power metal influence. i think its more the 'classical with distortion' thing going on. THat and they have more slayer influence than anything else it seems like, recently.

Yeah, it might not be influenced by it, but they have some of the same influences. Overall they just sound like a cross between Melo-death and Power Metal to me. With a clean vocal track they'd be firmly in the Power genre, IMO.

I mean, Alexi might call CoB Death Metal, but that moron in As I Lay Dying thinks his band is Death Metal too. ;) Course there are a lot of people running around calling CoB Black Metal, which makes zero sense.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
In the same interview, alexi just said "we're a metal band. Just metal. i dunno what else to say."

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
In the same interview, alexi just said "we're a metal band. Just metal. i dunno what else to say."

That's cool then. Better off not picking a genre thatn one that makes you sound dumb. :)

The Rx Elite

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!
Reaction score
This is about as metal as I ever got

Attachments

• minus-one-odeon-30.jpg
    minus-one-odeon-30.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 283
  • joe-concentrate.jpg
    joe-concentrate.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 317

Latest posts