Post your pedalboard

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've posted a slightly different version of mine before, but I've re-configured everything since.

Homemade board, uber-cheap expression pedal because I only use it to wank off with the wah in the RP360 every now and then. I have an actual crybaby that I might put on there, but probably not, because I prefer the ability to limit the range that the RP360 gives me. I like full pedal sweep with limited frequency range.

I have a Plumes OD that used to live on here but it causes noise when it's next to everything else.

The stupidly large MIDI controller is connected to a GSP1101.

Edited to say I have no patience for neat wiring (obviously) and I change things too much to get any fancier than this.

View attachment 139111
Are you using the GSP solely for effects?

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are you using the GSP solely for effects?

Yep. The RP360 is early in the chain, for gate, wah, sometimes pitch/whammy, but I rarely use those FX. Signal goes from there to the ODs and out to a wall of amps, which all output to a rack mixer, which goes to the 1101 for stereo FX, than back to a Peavey 60/60 power amp and an array of cabs. I have 5 heads and all I have to do is take the main out from the pedalboard and plug into whichever one I want to play. All that is tailored for high gain. There is a separate path for the "clean channel," which is why the Boss A/B switch is on the board.

I've posted it before, but the whole ridiculous thing looks like this.

rig.JPG

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Yep. The RP360 is early in the chain, for gate, wah, sometimes pitch/whammy, but I rarely use those FX. Signal goes from there to the ODs and out to a wall of amps, which all output to a rack mixer, which goes to the 1101 for stereo FX, than back to a Peavey 60/60 power amp and an array of cabs. I have 5 heads and all I have to do is take the main out from the pedalboard and plug into whichever one I want to play. All that is tailored for high gain. There is a separate path for the "clean channel," which is why the Boss A/B switch is on the board.

I've posted it before, but the whole ridiculous thing looks like this.

View attachment 139116
Those Carvin ratfur cabs are rad, does yours have the Carvin "British Voiced" proto-redoats? I really dig those speakers. I've still got the x100b mine is matched with, too, though it's currently got a dead OT.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those Carvin ratfur cabs are rad, does yours have the Carvin "British Voiced" proto-redoats? I really dig those speakers. I've still got the x100b mine is matched with, too, though it's currently got a dead OT.

Ratfur! That's a good name for it.

Funny story about that cab. It's one of very few great deals I've gotten lucky on. A guy had it posted on Craigslist for $180. He didn't know what it was loaded with but he was moving and tired of carrying it around. He also had a Digitech GSP21 Legend and Furman parametric EQ that he said he would throw in. I gave him $160 for everything. This was pre-Covid.

The GSP wouldn't boot up and he thought it was the fuse, but it was actually the internal battery. I replaced that and sold it for $80.

I sold the Furman EQ on ebay for $330.

But back to the cab: right after I got it all home, I took the jack plate off the cab, looked inside, and found 4 Greenbacks.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
This is my current board. Tuner and g8 in front of my 6505+, death knob, decimator and reverb in the fx loop. I finally got a hm-2 type tone I'm happy with (for now). The biggest change was turning the gain down to zero on the inside of the death knob. This allows the amp sound to be mostly heard, but a hm-2 is more in the background. I tried running different ones into the front, but it didn't quite work right. Kaiim was the one who said a long time ago putting the hm-2 in the loop works well. I'm pretty happy with the sounds I'm getting.

Attachments

• 20240226_032832.jpg
    20240226_032832.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here is my board that is for my home studio.

IMG_4364.jpg

Nothing too fancy but its:

Guitar --> Palmer Y splitter (to record the raw DI) --> ISP Decimator G String 2 (before the amp input/output) --> boss chromatic tuner --> TS9/Savage Drive 5/HM808 (whichever overdrive i want to run or not) --> Amp (atm 5153 50 watt or the Randall Satan 50) --> FX Loop (ISP Decimator G string 2 FX loop input/output) --> Redseven Amp Central --> Back to the pedalboard for stereo time based effects which are the tc electronic mimiq (i only use this for cleans or dialing in the tone) --> Boss DD7 --> Boss RV6 --> back to the amp central fx loop return --> audio interface (apogee quartet).

I also have a palmer reamp box as well for reamping that is shown here.

I run my time based effects in stereo mainly because its amazing for cleans and leads. All of my cables have been replaced with evidence audio lyric hg cables and the evidence audio monorail SIS pedalboard kit. Its been expensive and something i have been slowly doing over the last 6 months but its been a massive difference. All that is left is to replace the xlr cables between the amp central and audio interface and ill be finished with that. Looking at some sommer reference XLR cables for this but ill need to wait a bit.

Necky379

Reaction score
1708961138001.jpeg
I don’t have a pedal board currently I’m using a pedal table. With the Radial Shotgun and VHT Valvulator I have two separate signal paths for four amps. This way I just swap out which boost, overdrive or effect I want to use and I’m usually using amps in pairs.

I had an issue in my basement so I’m in the process of getting stuff hooked up and then I’ll make it tidy. Everything had to get taken out and brought back in. At the moment that mess hits this:
1708961710290.jpeg
Instead of building “rigs” it’s all about options for me these days. I can quickly use this amp with that pedal through whichever cab and combine it with a second signal path. It’s a work in progress but it’s coming together.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
As promised. New and improved spaceship controls, now with even more reverb! Very happy with my tidy cabling. Very happy with how quiet the P-Split keeps everything. Extremely happy with the Mercury 7. Goodbye sweet Quadraverb, you served me well.
429641609_924926626001337_3493814352061402600_n.jpg

Signal chain:
Tuner>Afterneath>Life Pedal/Expression Ramper>Pharaoh>10 Band>Volume>Dark Star>Freeze>Time Machine>ABY>>
A>EHX720>"Dry" Amp
B>EHX720>Mercury7>>P-Split Stereo>>Wet Amps
Y>Yes
Power: Walrus Audio Phoenix

This works as a W/D/W setup with three amps, or a stereo setup where one amp has two parallel channels (Lab Series L7 in this case), with Mercury7 splitting to Ch1 of both amps and the "dry" signal coming off the looper to Ch2 of the L7 for "dry" looping and a "clean" blend. Quotations to emphasize the absurdity of calling anything that comes off this board "dry."

I'd love snag another toob combo to round out the W/D/W setup, but it's not pressing as I live in a basement full of yuge amps.

Eventually I'd like to put a stereo trem between the looper and the Mercury 7 for enhanced spaghetti western stereo magic. The Walrus Audio Phoenix still has room to power 3 more pedals after that, but it's hard to imagine what else I'd need at this point. This is a very full and satisfying realization of the sound sculpting rabbit hole I've been chasing with my music for the last few years. Can't wait to bring it out into the world.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.18.00 AM.png
Could've said just look at my avatar, but that wouldn't really work if I changed it the next day or so.

It honestly reminds me of a spaceship just because it's this big, clunky contraption with a lot of buttons and wires and switches and the like.

The whole reason this board came about is really because of my favorite clean tone, which is that super lush 80s pop clean tone with the compressor, delay, reverb, and chorus/detune. I needed a way to switch in and out of that in the most efficient way possible without having to tap-dance all across my board trying to switch, or having to leave certain pedals on all the time such as my harmonizer that wouldn't sound good with a rhythm/lead tone.

I'd been accumulating pedals over the years mainly through Christmas and birthday presents, and had a smaller board but I really wanted something that could do it all for me, and this is what it turned out to be as a high school graduation present.

The one pedal that stands out on my board is the Temple of Syrinx pedal, and I got that pedal through my dad's friend who had been making pedals in his spare time. Went through a big Rush phase in middle school, so the graphics and name definitely check out. On the back is the Starman logo and the lyrics to The Temples of Syrinx which is a really nice touch. I mainly use the delay, reverb, boost, and buffer pedals on that. Never a huge fan of the chorus and fought a lot with the overdrive to get a sound I like.

Recently, I've integrated the Boss IR-2 through my board and I absolutely love it. I've been using it through my old Fender Champion as kinda like a monitor/speaker for the IR-2, and it does an amazing job. The nice thing about the ES-8 too is that I can save all these presets on different banks, so I have a couple banks used for different amps/going direct that all utilize my pedals in some way, shape, or form.

Edit: My original board idea was supposed to have more pedals on here, and turns out this board wasn't big enough to house it all. So I ended up using my old board on the side, but that was a wiring headache, so I figured it would be best to just use what I know I'm gonna use. Would've loved to have my phaser, flanger, and looper especially on here, but I can survive without them.

Last edited:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 139426
Could've said just look at my avatar, but that wouldn't really work if I changed it the next day or so.

It honestly reminds me of a spaceship just because it's this big, clunky contraption with a lot of buttons and wires and switches and the like.

The whole reason this board came about is really because of my favorite clean tone, which is that super lush 80s pop clean tone with the compressor, delay, reverb, and chorus/detune. I needed a way to switch in and out of that in the most efficient way possible without having to tap-dance all across my board trying to switch, or having to leave certain pedals on all the time such as my harmonizer that wouldn't sound good with a rhythm/lead tone.

I'd been accumulating pedals over the years mainly through Christmas and birthday presents, and had a smaller board but I really wanted something that could do it all for me, and this is what it turned out to be as a high school graduation present.

The one pedal that stands out on my board is the Temple of Syrinx pedal, and I got that pedal through my dad's friend who had been making pedals in his spare time. Went through a big Rush phase in middle school, so the graphics and name definitely check out. On the back is the Starman logo and the lyrics to The Temples of Syrinx which is a really nice touch. I mainly use the delay, reverb, boost, and buffer pedals on that. Never a huge fan of the chorus and fought a lot with the overdrive to get a sound I like.

Recently, I've integrated the Boss IR-2 through my board and I absolutely love it. I've been using it through my old Fender Champion as kinda like a monitor/speaker for the IR-2, and it does an amazing job. The nice thing about the ES-8 too is that I can save all these presets on different banks, so I have a couple banks used for different amps/going direct that all utilize my pedals in some way, shape, or form.

Edit: My original board idea was supposed to have more pedals on here, and turns out this board wasn't big enough to house it all. So I ended up using my old board on the side, but that was a wiring headache, so I figured it would be best to just use what I know I'm gonna use. Would've loved to have my phaser, flanger, and looper especially on here, but I can survive without them.
Ahh you have that big monster pedal! I couldn't remember who owned it, it's pretty cool.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was playing around with pedals tonight and ran out of room on my Pedaltrain Nano. Debating on getting something bigger but in the meantime set up an old BCB6 that wasn't getting any love.

Screenshot_20240302_214811_Gallery.jpg

I had an OS2 and ST2 in place of the CE2 for a while. I dig the OS2, not digging the ST2 at all anymore, especially into an Origin 20.

Trying to decide between an MT2, ML2 or a Reverb or phaser instead of the HOF.

Jotun@

RooR
Reaction score
I really liked the way the old holeyboards looked. Not a fan of the new design’s aesthetics.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I was playing around with pedals tonight and ran out of room on my Pedaltrain Nano. Debating on getting something bigger but in the meantime set up an old BCB6 that wasn't getting any love.

View attachment 139550

I had an OS2 and ST2 in place of the CE2 for a while. I dig the OS2, not digging the ST2 at all anymore, especially into an Origin 20.

EQD afterneath gets my top mono reverb rec. It does normal reverb stuff, and a ton of weird stuff. Plus it's got a fucking wizard on it. 5 years later I still don't entirely understand the controls, but it's hard to dial a bad sound. The JHS reverb is also nice but very conventional and probably not much different from a HoF, hence the EQD rec.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 139550

RV-5, keep the theme.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
May move the aby up to mount my mc8 but tbd on that. Board worked fine upon wiring up, got to my house and now i need to troubleshoot. Thinking im gonna colour code the power adapters.

IMG_8631.jpeg