Pre-slotted/radiused fretboards. Reputable Source?

SlipknotKoRnfan

Airline Pilot. Ibanez Afficionado.
Reaction score
Hey all.

Looking to purchase a pre-slotted, pre-radiused ebony fretboard for an Ibanez RG7620 neck from '00.

I've checked Luthiers Mercantile but they don't have the radius im looking for (430mm, or 17")

Anyone know of any other options out there?

Thanks.

frank falbo

Reaction score
I make mine with my compensated compound radius. It’s basically an Ibanez-compatible radius but with a progressive compounding at the highest frets. If you get stuck, let me know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SlipknotKoRnfan

Airline Pilot. Ibanez Afficionado.
Reaction score
Merp...the guy from Forest Guitars just emailed me back saying that they don't do fretboards for 7 string. All of their fretboards are too narrow for me to use.

I make mine with my compensated compound radius. It’s basically an Ibanez-compatible radius but with a progressive compounding at the highest frets. If you get stuck, let me know.

Thanks Frank. If you can do a constant 430 mm radius (not interested in compound radius) I shall keep you in mind!

For anyone else curious, what I'm trying to obtain is:

ebony fretboard, 648mm scale length (25.5"), 430mm radius, 24 frets pre slotted, with extra length behind the nut to accomodate a locking nut.